CHAPTER 16- Envy

AMELIA

There's a loud knock on the door that woke me up. I jolted up awake, sprinting half asleep towards the loud noise. Bill was waiting by the door when I opened it and surprised me a little. I got disappointed because I expected someone else, but maybe he has something urgent to say to wake me in the early morning hours.

"Bill, hi, what are you doing here so early?" I said as I yawn and rubbed my eyes open.

"Good morning Amelia. I see that your ankle is already healed." He replied and pointed at my now normal looking ankle. It just hit me that I didn't feel any pain while sprinting towards the door earlier. Guess the ice pack method worked.

"Yeah, I'm surprised as well. What brings you here Bill?" I said, gesturing him to come inside but he politely declined.

"This isn't going to take too long, Amelia. Michael just wanted me to tell you that you can stop by at the rehearsals later." He explained. I frowned because I thought that his rehearsals start in the afternoon.

"Wait, his rehearsal starts at this hour?" I said as I scan the room for a clock and it displayed 7:30 am.

He nodded, "He's a busy man, Ms. Johnson. He likes to get things done as early as possible."

"So when does it start?" I asked him.

"It starts in 30 minutes. Actually, he's already in the car downstairs ready to leave. He just wants me to deliver the message personally," he spoke. "But he says to take your time in getting ready, there's no rush" he continued.

"Okay, then Bill. Thank you for telling me. I'll make sure to be there."

"Steven will be down there waiting for you at the lobby to give you a ride. Wear something comfortable and warm, too."

"I'll make sure to do that. See you later," I replied and he just waved at me with a smile and started walking towards the elevator.

I closed my hotel door and leaned against it. I replayed what Bill said earlier in my head, that Michael likes to get things done as early as possible. No wonder he rushed me with the sketches and plans for his home. And here I am thinking that he just wants to see me. Psh, of course not Mia, that's just your delusional ass talking.

I shake my head and swat away the thoughts that are lingering in my mind. I started getting ready for the day; taking a shower, brushing my teeth, and picking out comfortable but warm clothes to wear. I decided to wear a white cashmere turtleneck tucked in high waisted jeans. I paired them with some white sneakers then I'm good to go.

I grabbed my purse and shove my sketchbook together with some pens. There are times when I have a burst of an idea for a design that I can't describe in words so I try my best to fastly sketch them. That's why bringing this sketchbook is essential for me wherever I go.

When I approached the lobby, I saw Steven patiently sitting on the sofa waiting for me. I also saw some reporters and paparazzi and a couple of fans waiting in front of the hotel for Michael. Little did they know, he already left the building which kinda makes me sad for the fans who have been bravely waiting out for him.

We went out at the back, free from the eyes of the public even though I am no celebrity. We drove for about thirty minutes before arriving at this arena. Steven guided the way and I can already hear the faint booming of his music. As we approach further inside the louder the music got and people are frantically running around with either technical equipment or clothes for, I assume, Michael and his dancers. From afar, I can see some of his dancers stretching at the sides of the stage before flaunting their figures on the platform.