CHAPTER 32- Girl Talk

AMELIA

"No James. That's not the plan to be followed I thought we already discussed this," I yell against my phone as frustration starts to consume me. The contractor for Michael's home followed the wrong plans that can pose a serious problem in the future. Now I have to go there and check the amount of damage done.

"Okay, just stop building that part of the house and move onto the other side. I'll come by as soon as I can," I explained as calmly as I can and hanged up.

"Woah, chill girl. What happened?" Jaz asked as she takes her plate to the sink. She came over because she wants to spend the night here so we can get ready together for the Jones' party tomorrow evening.

"There's a problem at Michael's property." I said and let an exasperated sigh.

"Big?" she turned to me and raised her brows.

"I still don't know yet, he won't tell me. I guess I have to go there tomorrow before going to the party," I walked towards the table to finish my food.

"Just make sure to be back before we get ready. We need to be early there, you know to do a final check,"

"I'll just leave early. I promise to be here after lunch," I look at her as she leans against the kitchen counter.

"You better be. Now, what are you going to wear?" She giddily asked.

"I honestly don't know Jaz. I'll probably wear one of my office dresses," I shrugged as I pick up a slice of pizza.

"And look like you're attending a business meeting? I ain't going to let you," she said with sass and confidence as she grabs my wrist and drags me out of the kitchen. We were on the way to my bedroom and we pass numerous flowers in their different sized vases that Michael sent over after we had that phone call last week.

We haven't talked since then, maybe because he's busy with his tour. I must admit, I kind of miss him and hearing his voice. Sometimes I hear him singing inside my head. As the night falls quiet, his voice loudly serenades me. But I don't know what to believe or to follow; do I follow the heart that yearns for something more with him? Or the heart that I need in order to survive?

Jaz crouched down to the bag that she brought over that contains clothes, shoes, and make-up to the brim.

"We're going to a wedding anniversary party, and I refuse to be seen with you wearing something..." she analyzed me from head to toe.

"Something what?" I questioned her.

"Blah," she continued and I gasped jokingly.

"Now that's rude. I don't even have a formal dress to wear," I whined.

"See. I knew you don't have any, that's why I brought a couple of extra," she rummages her bag, taking the contents and handing them to me one by one.

"Now let's just find the right dress for you," she told herself as I look over her getting busy with options.

"Did Peggy tell you anything about dress codes?" she asked.

"No, she didn't. Why?"

"Good, so we can wear anything without thinking of the color," she chirped and laid out the dresses on the bed. There are different colors and patterns with different lengths. She bought two short dresses which we tossed out since it just runs above our knee, which we find inappropriate. We also ruled out the deep necklines. I don't know why she brought those.

"Mia! This will fit you!" she handed me a long red velvet dress with thick straps.

"Don't you think this is a little too much?" I timidly asked her.