[Chapter 6: Intense Intimacy]

"Ooh, ooh, ooh, c-can I h-help-?" Norman begged in excitement, watching you place the ingredients on the kitchen counter and then washing your hands. "I-I promise I'll l-listen to you, (Y-Y/n)-!"

"Well, I guess s—"

"I personally think it would become rather crowded in here if you stayed, Norman." Hannibal disagreed with the younger boy in a patronising tone, sending him a condescending smile and purposely acting high-and-mighty himself now. "Especially since (Y/n) and I are preparing separate dishes for dinner this evening."

"W-Wait just a s-second-!" Norman snapped back, growing angrier by the minute while the psychiatrist's retaliation struck a nerve. "(Y-Y/n) said she was s-spending this e-evening with m-me-!"

"And I'm not denying that. I was merely suggesting that it might be easier on (Y/n) to make her meal if she had more space and less noise." Hannibal smoothly stated, his taunting remark causing Norman to clench his fists and twitch a little bit.

Thinking fast, you moved in front of Norman and held his shoulders; giving them a soft squeeze whilst attempting to soothe him. "Hey, hey, hey, let's all take it down a notch." You hurriedly interjected, "I am spending this evening with you, please don't worry! Cooking dinner won't take all that long anyway, so why not go and wait in the dining room for me?"

"B-But—!"

"Oh my, are you planning on starting an argument with our sweet (Y/n)?" Hannibal cut across Norman's hurt stammer and sided with you, his false-pacifist persona causing even more envy. "How unthoughtful."

"I-I wasn't t-trying to start an a-argument-!
"Then why aren't you listening to her?"
"I-I was g-going to-!"
"Excellent. Then I suppose we'll be seeing you and Michael soon."

"F-Fine-!" And with that, Norman spun around and swept out of the room - tears of hate sparkling at the edges of his eyelashes while they showed just how much he despised the opposite slasher.

"Wait, Norman—!" You tried to call after him, worry washing through your veins when you received no response.

"Please don't fret, angelo mio, he'll be fine." Hannibal dismissively pushed Norman's sulking to the side and stood next to you, shaking his head at the other male's childish outburst and behaviour.

You were about to reply and give your opinion on what just happened when Hannibal wrapped his left arm around your waist and used his other hand to delicately caress the left side of your face; his thumb brushing over your skin as though it was porcelain. "Besides..." He murmured intimately, "You haven't really gotten the chance to spend any time with me yet, y'know?"

"W-What brought this on all of a sudden...?" You stuttered a tiny bit as you asked - your heavy blush from earlier returning whilst you wondered how to reply properly.

"No reason, to be perfectly honest." Hannibal innocently responded, a sweet smile lining his face as he carried on holding your waist and cupping the side of your face gently. "I just didn't think it was very fair."