[Chapter 29: Transfer Students]

"Hey, why don't we go and grab some lunch together?" You suggested in a kind tone, seeing as it had just struck lunchtime and you were kind of hungry. "It'll give us a chance to catch up and talk some more."

"I think that's a wonderful idea." Cadence sided with you the moment you brought up said offer, her face filled with joy while the other two agreed also.

"Yeah, c'mon! It'll give me a chance to tell you about these new transfer students. They're kinda cute and are totally your type!" Amber clapped her hands together and grinned brightly, causing you smile and shake your head. Yep, same old Amber.

"So, new transfer students then, huh...?" You directed the conversation back to the new people before moving towards the classroom's front door - now somewhat curious about them. "What are they like?"

"Like Amber said, they're totally your type." Laura joined in with amusement, finding your other friend's comment to be funny. "They both enjoy horror movies, they're creative, they're friendly, dark...brooding. I mean, they both quote horror movies all the time - it's absolutely hilarious!"

"Just because you and Amber don't like horror movies doesn't mean you should judge these two too hard." Rolling your eyes, you continued to smile at her and tried to remain pleasant - deciding to strike up a casual conversation instead.

"(Y/n)'s right." Cadence sensibly informed them, grabbing a lunch-tray and lining up for the mediocre meal of the day.

"Still though! Those guys are a little bit strange, you have to admit, Cads." Laura complained with an uncomfortable look, joining the line as she defended her Amber.

"So what? You're calling me strange too? Thanks guys." Acting playful, you stuck your tongue out and attempted to lighten the mood, finding it amusing when Amber and Laura panicked immediately.

"What, no!" Amber exclaimed with a worried mood, shaking her head and making you burst out laughing. "We would never—"

"We weren't calling you strange (Y/n), we were just saying that these guys are a little bit—"

"Strange, right?" A new voice cut into the conversation casually, the tone striking you as oddly familiar. Had you heard it somewhere before? Spinning around, you spotted two teenage boys, recognising their faces from somewhere as you frowned - growing slightly more bewildered. Wait...had you seen him somewhere before...?

"We weren't trying to be offensive or anything!" You hurriedly spoke up, feeling self-conscious while you ordered your lunch and talked to this unknown student without a second thought. "I was just curious about these new transfer students, and..."

"Nah, I'd say strange is pretty accurate." He grinned lightheartedly, siding with your two friends and behaving like a good sport.

"Why? Did they do something in particular that creeped the other students out...?" You wondered interestedly, feeling intrigued whilst you gestured for the two of them sit with you four instead.

"Not intentionally." The male opposite you chuckled, accepting your offer and sitting down opposite you rather happily. The second teenage boy sat down as well, shooting you a bad-boyish smirk as he sent the male next to him an amused grin - clearly finding something about this conversation funny.