[Chapter 57: Unknown Caller]

"W-What are you doing...?" "What's the matter...? You've been acting strange all afternoon, and...and..."
"Nothing the matter, per se~" "I just really like you. That's all. I just...really, really, really like you~"

"P...Penny...I—"
"—Do you like me~?" Pennywise interjected innocently, interrupting your stammering and forcing you to think about said question.

Like Pennywise...? You...You hadn't really thought about it. Yeah, you'd had fun playing Hide 'N' Seek with him today - and walking to-and-from your daily University classes with him was pleasant enough - but like-like him!? You'd only made that deal with Penny back then in order to protect your partners...! Still though...A heavy shade of pink painted your cheeks, your heartbeat increasing by the second as Penny placed his hands on either side of your waist and confessed how he was discreetly feeling. Hell, you didn't even know a creature like him could care for someone else!
Besides that, you were undoubtedly relieved that he didn't feel the need to feast on your flesh anymore - like he'd previously mentioned down in the sewers on Tuesday.

He was fun, sharp-tongued, mischievous; definitely entertaining to be around and spend time with. These last couple of days he'd even been kinder to you - treating you with almost the same amount of high respect that Hannibal usually sent. It was actually sweet in a way - as if he'd been secretly trying to show his adoration for you in a somehow offhanded manner. But...Did you return Pennywise's affections...? Did you really care for him the same way he cared for you...? Resting both your hands on top of his shoulders, you cleared your throat and made a mature decision - praying that you wouldn't hurt his feelings.

"Penny, I like you. Really, I do. You're amusing, you're quick-witted, and you're kindhearted. You let me live back when you could've killed me in the sewers. You became my friend, spent time with me. You saved me from Michael's swing against Jason in Crystal Lake when I could've easily gotten hurt. And for that, I truly am grateful." You confessed softly, giving his shoulders a gentle squeeze of your own before continuing. "But I've only known you for a few days. Since Tuesday, to be precise. And although I care deeply for you, I think I need a bit more time before I can come to a final conclusion."

For a few minutes Penny was silent, soaking in your answer like he was sinking it in. Then, a smug smile slid across his facial features; his attitude switching back to his usual bad-boy-ish behaviour. "Mmm...I can accept that. For now~" He retaliated casually, using one of his hands to break the waist holding and cradle the side of your cheek instead. "But just so you know, you won't escape me that easily. My sweet, sweet, (Y/n)~"

"Hold on, escape you...? What is that supposed to—" Before you could properly finish your question, Pennywise disappeared from sight; leaving the room altogether as he simply left you and Michael alone. "...mean...?"

"IT Eᗩᑎᔕ TᕼᗩT E' EEIG ᗷᑌTT-ᕼᑌᖇT. E OE YO IKE E O, ᗷᑌT E O'T ᔕᕼO IT EᑕᗩᑌᔕE E ᕼᗩᔕ TOO ᗰᑌᑕᕼ ᑭᖇIE. ᗰᑌᑕᕼ IKE KᖇᑌEGE IT I TᑌᑭI ᒪᗩᑕK O ᗷᖇᗩI Eᒪᒪᔕ." [A/N: "IT MEANS THAT HE'S FEELING BUTT-HURT. HE LOVES YOU LIKE WE DO, BUT HE WON'T SHOW IT BECAUSE HE HAS TOO MUCH PRIDE. MUCH LIKE KRUEGER WITH HIS STUPID LACK OF BRAIN CELLS."] Michael scribbled down unfeelingly, passing his notepad over to you without any hesitation whatsoever.