[Chapter 77: Catching On Quickly]

"Not only that, but the bags underneath your eyes have only worsened..." Billy anxiously pointed out; placing his fork down so he could gently tip the top of your chin up a tiny bit. "Have you noticed...?"

"Are you having trouble sleeping...?" Stu wondered worriedly, clasping your right hand between both of his and staring at you with intensity. "Do you have insomnia too...?"

"Well, not exactly..." You sheepishly mumbled, feeling awkward and trying to smooth over the truth somehow. "It's just, what with moving house, finding the unwanted admirers, and also keeping up with my studies, all at the very same time...It's proving to be pretty hard."

"I can't imagine..." Cadence nervously spoke, her eyes widening after she took in everything you'd previously just said. "Perhaps you should go to the University's Nurse's Office—"

"No!" You declined stubbornly, raising your voice and causing your three friends to suddenly look hurt. Shit. "I mean, I appreciate it, but no thank you. I'm...I'm fine. My roommates will catch the unwanted admirers, I'll catch up on my studies, and everything will go back to the way it was. I...I promise."

"You don't sound so sure." Stu stated softly, his kindhearted expression causing you to smile and grow shy all at once.

"Don't worry about it..." You hastily replied; pushing your exhaustion to the side before pulling your hand carefully out of Stu's. "I guess I just don't get why people would still want to stalk me, that's all. I'm not used to being put on a pedestal."

"You've gotta be KIDDING me...!" Amber exploded wildly, dropping her cutlery onto her tray while she stared at you with a surprised look. "There's TONS of reasons why a person would stalk you, (Y/n)...! You're like, the prettiest-looking girl in our year...! Not to mention how kind you usually are around everybody."

"I...I don't know about all of that..." You lightly laughed, trying to brighten up the atmosphere and push it away from you. "I just think people give me far more credit than I deserve."

"Nah, you're just super-duper sweet, y'know...?" Billy complimented comfortingly, shooting you a soothing smile as he finished his food and attempted to cheer you up. "I mean, you offered to help us with our cinematography studies...gave us your phone number even when you didn't particularly want to...All of these things were really really nice of you, (Y/n)."

"These things were no big deal...really..." You timidly trailed off, finishing your meal as well before tidying up your tray. "They were just offers, that's all...Besides, you were only trying to help with the whole phone-number thing..."

"Speaking of which, did something happen to your cellphone...?" Stu asked nonchalantly; his question causing shock to spread across your face like lightning after your mind flashed back to Saturday night.

With a hysterical scream, you flung your phone across the kitchen and completely lost it; holding either side of your head whilst also collapsing to your knees. H...How...? How was it that this person kept on finding your number...? And...And so easily too...? No doubt about it, this person was the unwanted admirer. But...But wait a second...Didn't Michael and the others say that there was two of them...? Just what was going on here...? Were you losing your mind...!? Struggling to keep your composure, you carried on gazing at the ground; terror continuing to consume you until the others stepped in.