[Chapter 61: Psychotic Problems]

Shaking, you ended the call and blocked the number for good measure; silencing your phone altogether before shoving it under your pillow and snuggling underneath the duvet. Whoever the fuck that was, they definitely weren't a scammer. Nor were they just some kid messing around with their mobile for the first time. No...No. Whoever they were knew what they were doing. They didn't just find your number "by accident". They didn't just want to "apologise". This person had deliberately dialled your number. And not just to "talk". They'd wanted to talk to you and you in particular, which freaked you out even further. Whatever. They were blocked anyway.

With a stressed-out sigh, your eyes fluttered shut a second time, exhaustion washing over your petrified body whilst you attempted to calm down your racing heartbeat and soothe your soft shivering. But even with your sleepiness and tiredness, you...you just couldn't fall asleep. Not after...Not after that. Wanting to know your name, wanting to know who they'd been watching "walk home" - sorry, wanting to know who they were "talking to" - and not wanting you to hang up on them. It...It just didn't make any sense to you. In fact, this whole "phone thing" had only added to your stressed-out state. Especially since you had the unwanted admirers and all—

Wait. Now that you thought about it, them being the unwanted admirers and wanting to know so much about you would make much more sense in that regard. God. Fucking. Dammit. Now what were you supposed to—!? "You're oddly late." A devilish voice drawled out deviously, a certain dream demon's boiler room materialising around you while you internally groaned. "What's up with that, hmm, Princess~?"

"Sorry, didn't realise I actually HAD a schedule." You dryly retaliated, sarcasm dripping from your tone as you regained some of your earlier composure. "Not MY fault I'm still stressed from this afternoon."

"That's strange. Didn't think anything in particular had happened this afternoon." Freddy curiously commented; his surprisingly sharp sense of perception throwing you off whilst you silently panicked. Crap! You didn't want him to know about the creepy caller, otherwise that would just make things even more complicated. "Something the matter...?"

"No! Nothing." Brushing it off quickly, you grew alarmed; praying that he wouldn't pry or anything like that. "I guess I'm just still feeling awkward about the unwanted admirers, and how there's more than one."

"You sure 'bout that~?" He mused evilly, a mixture of mischief and suspicion swirling between his stare, "Because, y'know, if you're lying to me~" Before you could respond, the demonic killer disappeared and reappeared directly in front of you; his left arm curling around your waist as his knifed hand stroked seductively through your hair. "You're REALLY not going to like the consequences, sugar~"

"Jeez, knock it off." You mumbled with annoyance, grasping both of his shoulders with your hands and trying your best not to become worked-up. "Of course I'm not lying. Why would I be...? You already know about the unwanted admirers..."

"Mmm...I suppose." Freddy hummed wickedly; his glowing, emerald-coloured eyes glinting as he threw you a dark glare instead. "Still though, you're not usually this bitchy. What's got you so hot and bothered this late at night anyway, sweet-cheeks~?"

"Not that you'd care." You told him under your breath, deciding to push it under the rug and pretend to feel 100% better. "So it's no big deal. You'd probably just make fun of me anyway, or act like a jerk. So can we just forget about today...? Please...?"