[Chapter 44: Calming Confession]

Losing it completely, you gripped his striped sweater and hid your face in his chest altogether; unable to hold back the stressed-out sobs that were uncontrollably slipping through your lips. No. No. No. There was no way. No way. Sharing things with each other that you needed to know. Hell, for all you knew, these unwanted admirers could have already attacked your mother...hurt your friends...What were they thinking!? So, once you'd regained your composure, you took several breaths and decided to calm down; your courage and determination returning to you five minutes later.

"Sorry, I...I don't know what got into—"
"(Y-Y/n)...? W-Were you...crying...?" Norman questioned with stunned eyes, standing in the hallway as he noticed how you'd previously been feeling.

"Yeah. So what if I was?" You lashed out coldly, pulling away from Freddy and clenching your fists with an angry attitude. "Why should I tell you, huh? It's not like you and the others tell me anything in return anyway."

"W-Wait, what...?" Shocked, Norman stared at you in complete and utter surprise; not understanding where your bitterness was bubbling from while hurt clouded his gaze. "W...What are you t-talking about...?"

"Don't even START with that." You sharply snapped; losing your temper whilst you snatched up the piece of paper from the ground and shoved it in the timid slasher's direction.

"H-How did you get—?"
"How did I get WHAT!? Get this piece of paper!? Realise that you guys have been lying to me!? Find out that I've got MORE than ONE unwanted admirer on my ass!?" You interrupted furiously; not feeling any remorse whatsoever when Norman's eyes filled with guilty tears.

"I'd like to point out that I didn't lie to you, darling~" Freddy flirtatiously purred, enjoying how worked-up you seemed to be and how annoyed you were with Norman.

"Now is NOT the time. So you shut up." You warned the dream demon with a dark tone; your mental state reaching its limit as you yanked back Michael's message and pushed past Norman.

"T-That's NOT what we were trying t-to do-!" The dark-haired male cried out devastatingly, clutching his chest with both hands while he watched you leave your room instead of staying inside. "Y-You HAVE to b-believe us-! P-PLEASE believe us-!"

"Why should I?" Twirling around, you faced Norman at the top of the stairs - feeling tremendously pissed-off by this point. "Why should I believe you now? Give me one good reason. ONE."

"W-Well, because I...I..." Norman's tone trailed off tearfully, not knowing how to respond as he tried his best to come up with some sort of excuse or explanation. "Because I-I love you, (Y/n)-! R-Really, I do...! So please...P-PLEASE don't—"

"Don't what? Deal with my own problems? Keep being treated like a child?" Half-laughing in disbelief, you shook your head at Norman's pleading and decided to face the facts. "Freddy was right. You guys really ARE treating me like a joke."

"I-I would NEVER t-treat you l-like a joke-!" Norman stressfully sobbed, reaching out to seize your shoulder before you turned back around. Unfortunately, he just wasn't fast enough, the palm of his hand missing.