[Chapter 67: Twisted Talk]

As more and more minutes ticked by, you and Jason spent more and more time together; your stress trickling away while you slowly forgot about the phone guy, silencing your cellphone before fully focusing on your partner instead. You hadn't completely stopped worrying about them, but at least the hockey-masked killer was calming you down to some degree. Well, relatively speaking. At least he hadn't stressed you out, or scared you...yet. Eventually, you glanced up at the sky, noticing the time and realising the promise you made to the others. Though, just to be sure, you opened your phone and double-checked - panicking when you saw that you had over one-hundred missed calls from the same unknown number. Jesus Christ. Can they NOT take a hint...!?

"W-uh...at's-uh...wr...on...g-uh...?" Jason wondered with concern, tilting his head and acting confused by your sudden change of behaviour. [A/N: "What's wrong...?"]

"Just that same, stupid number. They've been spamming my phone repeatedly - and from the looks of things, they've been leaving voicemails too." You pointed out unhappily, now feeling incredibly insecure and unsure.

"Th...ey-uh...'re...act-uh...ing-uh...li...ke...J-uh...er...ks-uh..." He darkly insulted, clenching his fists before stamping his foot. [A/N: "They're acting like Jerks..."]

"You're not wrong. Hey, mind walking me over to the entrance...? I'd feel kind of lonely walking by myself." You anxiously replied, showing him the time via your phone and having him dip his head in agreement.

"I...'ll-uh...m-uh...iss-uh...y-uh...ou..." Jason huffed under his breath sulkily, holding your right hand with his left before squeezing it. [A/N: "I'll miss you..."]

"You'll see me again on Tuesday." You reminded him gently, giving his hand a delicate clasp in return and trying to cheer him up. "So it'll all work out, I promise."

Before Jason could respond, your phone quietly rang; causing you to snap and answer it without a second thought. "Listen, asshole, I am TWO seconds away from calling the police, you understand me—!?"

"Uh, (Y/n)...? Everything alright...?" A familiar voice greeted curiously; forcing you to grow humiliated and ashamed of yourself. Oh crap...Billy!?

"Billy...!? Oh God, I'm so, SO sorry." You awkwardly exclaimed, guilt flowing from your voice as you quickly apologised. "I didn't mean to lash out at you, I swear! Dammit, I am so, SO embarrassed right now."

"I was just checking up on you. Y'know, since the stalking accident...?" Billy pleasantly explained, sounding slightly amused by your panicking. "You were just acting so stressed-out and on-edge last time we spoke. Seems my hunches were correct. Something on your mind...?"

"Not particularly." You mumbled timidly, starting to walk towards the entrance with Jason and wondering how to fix this embarrassing situation. "I'm sorry I seemed so hostile. Some random creep's been messing with me recently and calling me with this unknown number. It's been freaking me out."

"Oh? Want to talk about it?" Billy kindly offered, the dark-haired male giving you the option to vent. "After all, I'm always listening."

"E-Excuse me...?" Stammering slightly, you stumbled over your response; not expecting him to sound so...weird.

"I just meant that I'm mostly always free to call and chat, that's all." He told you lightly, his tone sounding unusually sheepish. "Hope I didn't say phrase that too weird. Shit, I probably should've texted before any of this."