[Chapter 76: Things Being Hectic]

"(Y/n)...? (Y/n)! Hey...! Earth to (Y/n)...?" A familiar voice suddenly snapped you out of your thoughts, your chin resting on your hand as the bell obnoxiously rang for lunch. Oh, Amber...Wait a second, Amber...!? Oh, yeah! You'd walked to your psychology class with Michael this morning...!

"Oh, hey there, Amber." You warmly greeted, trying your best to seem completely with it as you shot everyone a feeble smile. "Something you needed from me...?"

"Uh...Well, not exactly..." Hesitating, the dark-haired girl glanced to the side and acted awkward, Amber remembering what had happened last time she'd confronted you.

"Okay, you'd better start explaining. NOW!"
"Hey! Class literally just ended."
"So? What does that have to do with anything? Why have you been ignoring us...?"
"It wasn't intentional, I...I swear." "It's...well, it's...just with moving house and all..."

"You've got to be KIDDING me!" "This can't just be because you moved house! I...I mean, you were missing for three whole days!"
"This does all sound rather suspicious." "After all, that Skype call was supposed to explain what was going on - and yet you never showed. Can't you just tell us what's going on? Aren't we all friends here?"

"Apparently not, considering she doesn't want to hang out with us anymore!" "Do you have new friends or something? Is it these "new roommates"?"
"Hey, that's not it at all!" "Why would you say that? It's not even been a week—"
"I don't know WHAT to think of you anymore!"

"From supposedly "moving house," to never visiting me at the hospital like Cadie and Amb did - and then missing classes out of nowhere! You NEVER miss classes!"
"Um, Laura, that's a little—"
"I'm allowed to spend time with other people too, y'know."

"My roommates are...different from other people. They're...They're introverts - and that's why I've been so secretive about them, okay!?"
"Amber, Laura, c'mon." "All we wanted to know is the truth, and I think we've pushed enough—"
"Your new roommates being "introverted" doesn't explain why you won't tell us!"

"In fact, that just makes them sound even more strange!"
"Why can't you tell us anything about them, huh? Their names, their occupations - anything!"
"Because they don't WANT people to know about them, Amber!"

"For God's sake, can't you just leave my other friends alone? Or do you always have to go poking your nose around in other people's business?"
"Hey! All she wanted to do was make sure you weren't dealing with something serious!"
"Poke my nose around in other people's business...?"

"Yeah! Are you that full of yourself that you didn't even recognise it?" "You've always been that way! From planning a party and inviting people just because they invited you to theirs last year, to just inviting boys because they're "cute". I mean, sheesh, how shallow can you get?"

"What the Hell, (Y/n)?"
"What's gotten into you? Amber and Laura were just worried about you...You're our friend, and—"
"Well, why don't the three of you just stop harassing me about my new friends and leave me alone!?"

"It...It doesn't matter...Sorry to bother you..." Amber bit her lip and held her hands up; throwing you a regretful smile in return and making you feel slightly guilty afterwards.