[Chapter 46: Calling Cadence]

"It wasn't my intent to cause a conflict between you guys. But at the same time, it's my decision when and where I wish to go. So if you'll excuse me, I think I want to head out for a bit and get some fresh air."

"Finally..." You sighed to yourself tiredly, feeling emotionally and physically exhausted by this point. "If it wasn't for Freddy, they would've never let me leave."

After that you laughed lightly, surprised by how you were thanking Freddy out of all people. But while you were walking through the woods, you wondered what to do, or where to go; worry washing throughout your body as you mulled over your options. You could go visit your friends, but they were probably busy with other things - considering you hadn't exactly planned your sudden stroll outside. Then again, you didn't really feel like heading back so soon after you'd only just left. So...Who would be willing to spend time with you so suddenly...? Who would...Cadence.

So, after you'd taken a deep breath, you dialled her number and called her; holding your phone up to your ear and praying that she'd answer. Thankfully, "Hey (Y/n), it's been a while since you've called me like this." Cadence gently greeted, her voice flowing with curiosity once she'd answered your call. "Is something wrong? Everything's okay, isn't it?"

"Well, I...I sort of had an argument with my roommates...about me heading out alone..." You explained in a tiny voice, trying to blur the truth and sound as vague as possible. "They didn't exactly like that I wanted to leave the house without anyone accompanying me..."

"I'm guessing that it's because they - or the authorities - still haven't caught the unwanted admirer yet, right?" Catching on quickly, Cadence's reply made you breathe a sigh of relief - grateful that you didn't have to spill anything about said truth.

"In a sense...I mean, they kind of freaked me out - and now I'm stranded in the forest. I...I haven't got a clue what to do, or where to go. All I really wanted was some me time - y'know, away from my overprotective roommates - but I...I—"

"In that case, why don't you hang out with me for a little while? You remember where I live, don't you? In the third apartment, by the university? Of course, you can always say no and all, but if you've got nowhere to stay - having a sleepover could be fun." Cadence suggested sweetly, her warm offer and kindhearted behaviour making you feel even more appreciative.

"Are you sure? I wouldn't want to be a bother, or any sort of burden." You worried in a troubled tone, biting your lip while you became stressed-out and nervous.

"We're friends. And as the saying goes; one is lonely, and two is company. Therefore, it'll be fine!" Your blonde-haired friend soothed your concerns softly, trying to calm you down and help you feel better. "—And don't worry, Amber and Laura won't show. They're at a rave."

"At a rave? How come you didn't go...?" You wondered with a puzzled frown; deciding to make your way towards the student apartments and away from where you lived for now. "Did they not invite you...?"

"Raves aren't really my thing, remember?" Cadence dryly responded, her slight comment causing you to feel a little guilty.

"Oh yeah...You're more of an introvert and enjoy hanging out with close friends instead of rowdy crowds, aren't you?" You mentioned sheepishly, praying that you were right and not wrong. After all, you hadn't exactly spent time with her, Amber and Laura recently.

"Ahaha, I guess you could say that. I mean, I don't mind when Amber and Laura drag me off to wild parties, but if I had to class myself into one category - I'd definitely be an introvert, and prefer to just spend time with the people I care about, y'know?" Cadence summed up compassionately, her friendly mindset shining through whilst an affectionate smile slid across your face.