[Chapter 38: Thursday Talks]

"So I wouldn't worry too much." You reassured them calmly, following your friends to the cafeteria bins with your now-empty tray.

"It probably wouldn't hurt to inform the authorities regardless, y'know." Cadence lightly commented, her tone of voice sounding relatively concerned as she placed her tray on the side of the cafeteria.

"Probably...? Probably!?" Amber exclaimed with alarm, losing her composure while she and Laura finished scraping their lunch trays into the trash-bins next to you.

"They do have a point." Siding with your friends, Billy and Stu nodded in agreement - standing by your circle of friends and rejoining the group. "After all, you live in a pretty dangerous area to begin with."

"You know where I live...?" You frowned distrustingly, narrowing your eyes whilst doubting their observation. "How is that possible...? I never—"

"He, uh, he doesn't. Really." Stu hastily replied, nudging Billy's side as he tried to defuse the strange situation you were in.

"Word spreads quickly in this town." Billy added hurriedly; him and Stu walking with you and your friends out of the cafeteria. "You're the girl who lives on the outskirts of town, right...?"

"Oh, um...Yeah, I do..." You awkwardly trailed off, rubbing the left side of your arm with your right one and becoming uncomfortable. "I share a house with five other roommates. Why do you ask, exactly...?"

"We were just asking out of curiosity, that's all." Billy continued casually, the entire conversation spiralling into one of embarrassment. "Especially since students here have enough Student Finance to apply for shared apartments. But from what I've heard, it's shared apartments with other university students. Not five random strangers."

"W-Well, this living arrangement was u-um—" Shyness clouded your tone; your voice twisting into a stammer while you wondered how exactly to handle this. "It was more-or-less a special offer. I can stay there, in exchange for something."

"Oh...? And just what special offer are you included in...?" Stu probed thoughtlessly, his deep-blue eyes staring deep into your own and making you feel a tad...intimidated? You...You couldn't tell.

"It doesn't matter..." Brushing it off rapidly, you faked a faint smile and tucked a strand of hair behind your ear - not wanting to give away any...personal information about yourself. "Besides, my private life isn't all that exciting."

"Aww, now I'm sure that's not true." Billy comforted you warmly, flashing you a soft smile in return once he'd thrown Stu a cold glare straight after. "You seem like a very interesting girl, (Y/n)."

"—A very interesting girl." Dipping his head as a nod, Stu's grin grew back again - said grin stretching across his facial features and causing you to feel unbelievably unsettled.

"I...see." You bashfully murmured under your breath, playing with the strap of your bag and trying to keep your composure. "Well, I'm sorry to cut our conversation short, but we really should be returning to our psychology class soon. I'm not sure when your lessons resume, but—"