[Chapter 56: Hide 'N' Seek]

"Well then...Who would you like to hide first~?" Pennywise hummed playfully, his slyness fading slightly due to him becoming more and more excited.

"How about you hide first?" You offered with a smug smile - already knowing that this was over. After all, there's NEVER been a single game of Hide 'n' Seek that you hadn't won. "The hiding place has to be inside - or around - the house. Oh, and you can't use your powers to help you out - because that would be far too overpowered."

Seeing your point, the mischievous slasher dipped his head as a nod and let you pull out your phone; the timer being set to a total of five minutes. "Three...Two...One..." You carefully counted, glancing down and saying "Go!" a second later. Then, you quickly clicked - giving him more than enough time to select a comfortable hiding spot and beat you. But strangely enough, the dancing clown just...slowly walked out of the room, his previous arrogance returning as you cautiously waited with Michael. Once the five minutes were up however, you swiftly switched it to ten minutes and struck up your search; your competitive mindset taking over while you grew unusually determined. You had to win both rounds in order for Rose to stay safe. You had to. You...had to.

"Ten minutes...Ten minutes...That should be more than enough time to find Penny, shouldn't it...?" You asked Michael firmly, tucking your phone back into your pocket and deciding to check the ground floor first.

The silent male nodded, staying behind you as he did his best to support you. Then, you noticed him scribble something down - his actions fast and untidy. "OE Tᕼᗩᑎ EOG. TI OᑌᔕE ᗰᗩY E IG, ᗷᑌT OT O TE ᔕᑭᗩᑕE ITI IT ᗩᖇE OE ᗩᑎᗪ IE. TᕼᗩT O'T OK I I ᖴᗩᐯOᑌᖇ. E ᑕᗩᖇEᖴᑌᒪ TOG." [A/N: "MORE THAN ENOUGH. THIS HOUSE MAY BE BIG, BUT MOST OF THE SPACES WITHIN IT ARE OPEN AND WIDE. THAT WON'T WORK IN HIS FAVOUR. BE CAREFUL THOUGH."]

"Be careful...? What? Why?" You repeated with a frown, not understanding Michael's sudden worry. "Afraid he'll try and cheat...?"

"I O'T TIK TE ᑕᒪOᗯᑎ Iᒪᒪ TY TO ᑕᕼET. E ᕼᗩᔕ TOO ᗰᑌᑕᕼ ᑭᖇIE. ᗷᑌT TIᒪᒪ. E' ᑕᒪEE. ᑕᑌᑎᑎIG. ᑕᖇᗩᖴTY. O ᗩᒪᒪ E KO, E Oᑌᒪᗪ ᑭᑌᒪᒪ ᔕᑎEKY ᗰᗩᑎOEᑌᐯᖇE ᔕᑌᑕᕼ ᗩᔕ ᔕᒪOᗯᒪY ᗯᗩᒪKIG OT O TE IIG OO ᗩᑎᗪ TE ᔕᑎEK ᗷᗩᑕK I GI TO IE ᗯᕼE E EE'T OOKIG." [A/N: "I DON'T THINK THE CLOWN WILL TRY TO CHEAT. HE HAS TOO MUCH PRIDE. BUT STILL. HE'S CLEVER. CUNNING. CRAFTY. FOR ALL WE KNOW, HE COULD PULL A SNEAKY MANOEUVRE SUCH AS SLOWLY WALKING OUT OF THE LIVING ROOM AND THEN SNEAK BACK IN AGAIN TO HIDE WHEN WE WEREN'T LOOKING."] Michael wrote once you'd finished checking the cellar, the first floor's kitchen, the dining room, the library and behind the front door.