[Chapter 78: Grand Finale]

"I'm sorry, I have to find Rose and request more notes. She probably hates me by now." You sorrowfully sighed; waving goodbye to not only Laura, Amber and Cadence, but Billy and Stu also. "See you guys soon...!"

"At least pay a visit to the Nurse's Office after class ends." Cadence called after you with an anxious tone of voice, her short blonde hair curling around her facial features as she watched you leave the cafeteria.

Should you at least humour Cadence and head to the Nurse's Office once your psychology classes were over...? Mm...Nah. After all, it's not like mere humans such as them could stop your partners powers anyway. Your eyes widened slightly as you suddenly stood still in the hallway, only now realising just how vicious that sounded. Since when had you become so...so venomous...? So...So vindictive...? Shaking your head, you ignored your unexpected thoughts and carried on walking; entering your classroom a second later before murmuring a quick apology to your psychology teacher and sitting down at your designated desk.

Your psychology lesson wasn't all that difficult, or particularly hard to follow; but you did have to ask Rose for assistance from time-to-time, the intelligent girl finding your plea for help to be moderately amusing as she pleasantly agreed and gave assistance. Her neat notes and tidy handwriting were incredibly constructive; especially after-class when you'd noticed that she'd created bullet-points and additional remarks for herself in her notebook. Sometimes you'd wished that you'd written these sort of useful things down for yourself. Well, that's if you had that sort of extra time. You were too busy dealing with a gaslighting psychiatrist, a sentimental male, a childminded murderer, a silent stalker, the literal man of your dreams and a creature who was completely and utterly inhuman.

"I'd be happy to run through everything again if needs be." Rose offered in a friendly fashion, standing patiently in front of your desk while you skimmed through her notebook and took in all of her previous notes.

"Oh no, no...! That's really sweet of you Rose, but I think I've got it all." You reassured her warmly; handing Rose's notes back to her before tucking your new notes into your bag and hoisting your backpack over your shoulder. "Thanks for the offer though."

"Hey, anytime...! Even if you just so happen to reappear and disappear out of nowhere." She mischievously teased, nudging your side with a playful grin as the two of you watched the rest of your classmates exit the room.

"Yeah...Sorry 'bout that." You spoke in a sorry tone, giving her a gentle hug and a regretful smile to make up for it. "I know a hug, a smile and an apology can't fix my constant need for help, but I just wanted you to know that I'm not only friends with you simply because of convenience."

"Well, that's a relief to know." Rose chuckled with consolation, wrapping her arms around you in return and giving you a sympathetic squeeze. "I didn't think that was the case, but I did think that...occasionally..."

"Oh, Rose..." You sighed in despair, feeling a little guilty and bad about your past behaviour. "I really am sorry..."

"Hey, it's all in the past. I'm sure, once everything's been sorted out, we can all hang out and get to know each other a little more...Right...?" She brought up cheerfully, moving back before sending you another one of her softhearted smiles.

"Sure...I'd like that..." You lightly agreed, dipping your head as a nod and trying to sound enthusiastic after your other friends quickly entered the room. "Sounds like a great idea. Right, Cadence? Right, Laura? Right, Amb?"