[Chapter 14: The Dancing Clown]

Time ticked by as you decided to focus for once, taking down notes while daydreaming about your upcoming time with Michael. Spending Halloween together after class...it just seemed like so much fun. Carving pumpkins together, putting up decorations, tasting candy - heck, you couldn't wait! Still, you glanced to the side a second time and swallowed nervously - curious as to how you were going to explain to your friends. Then again, Cadence didn't seem to care that much. She didn't seem to mind at all. But Amber and Laura...they were definitely aggravated by your disappearing acts and bizarre behaviour. You'd have to make it up to them somehow. It was just...how?

"Okay, you'd better start explaining. NOW!" Amber interrupted your thoughts fiercely, standing next to your desk as soon as your teacher had finished said lecture.

"Hey! Class literally just ended." You replied awkwardly, feeling stressed when your other two friends both appeared beside her as well.

"So? What does that have to do with anything? Why have you been ignoring us...?" Laura joined in with a sharp tone of voice, placing both palms of her hands down against your desk forcefully.

"It wasn't intentional, I...I swear." You protested anxiously, biting your lip while you attempted to defend your disappearances. "It's...well, it's...just with moving house and all..."

"You've got to be KIDDING me!" Amber exploded in frustration, huffing. "This can't just be because you moved house! I...I mean, you were missing for three whole days!"

"This does all sound rather suspicious." Cadence cut into the conversation carefully. "After all, that Skype call was supposed to explain what was going on - and yet you never showed. Can't you just tell us what's going on? Aren't we all friends here?"

"Apparently not, considering she doesn't want to hang out with us anymore!" Laura coldly chimed in, narrowing her eyes as she stared you down. "Do you have new friends or something? Is it these "new roommates"?"

"Hey, that's not it at all!" You argued defensively, climbing to your feet whilst you watched almost all the other students leave the classroom. "Why would you say that? It's not even been a week—"

"I don't know WHAT to think of you anymore!" Laura bit back bluntly - her harsh words shocking both you, Amber and Cadence. "From supposedly "moving house," to never visiting me at the hospital like Cadie and Amb did - and then missing classes out of nowhere! You NEVER miss classes!"

"Um, Laura, that's a little—"

"I'm allowed to spend time with other people too, y'know." You snapped in return, tears sparkling at the edges of your eyes whilst you wiped them and spoke over Cadence. "My roommates are...different from other people. They're...They're introverts - and that's why I've been so secretive about them, okay!?"

"Amber, Laura, c'mon." Cadence decided to calm the situation down and comfort you at the same time. "All we wanted to know is the truth, and I think we've pushed enough—"

"Your new roommates being "introverted" doesn't explain why you won't tell us!" Laura lost her temper heatedly, her hands slipping to the edge of the desk and gripping it tightly. "In fact, that just makes them sound even more strange!"

"Why can't you tell us anything about them, huh? Their names, their occupations - anything!" Amber sided with Laura, complaining about your roommates and therefore hurting you further.