[Chapter 34: Dinner-Time Drama]

"You think I care."
"Actually, I never assumed that you cared." "Because I already knew. I knew for a fact that you were a complete and utter asshole."

"Touché." Freddy evilly chuckled, not expecting your response to be so direct as he followed you downstairs - into the kitchen.

"I've prepared something for you if you'd like, (Y/n) dearest." Hannibal offered politely, his soft smile and pleasant expression striking you as very charming.

"While I appreciate it, I think I'd rather make something for myself." After declining his offer hesitantly, you headed towards the refrigerator and took out some spaghetti - still not used to Hannibal's...ethnic tastes.

"Fair enough." He replied in a gentle fashion, finding your response to be extremely amusing once he noticed how nervous you were when it came down to his particular mannerisms.

"O-Ooh-! W-What are you...What are you m-making-?" Norman asked excitedly, clasping his hands together as he stood next to you and glanced towards the counter.

"Oh, I'm just cooking up some spaghetti." You lightly announced, making sure not to burn it whilst you stirred the spaghetti in the pot. "I usually just add bits of bacon, different bits of chopped vegetables, some seasoning, this and that - just things to spice it up."

"T-That sounds delicious-!" The shy male complimented you cheerily, hugging you from the side and almost causing you to drop the spoon you were using to stir.

"As much as I enjoy your flattery, I'd prefer it if you didn't almost make me drop the spoon." You wryly commented, leaving the spoon in the pot before you wrapped your arms around Norman in return.

"I-I'm sorry-! I...I didn't mean it...!" Norman apologised immediately, his anxious expression and guilty gaze making you release a warm-hearted laugh straight after.

"I'm just teasing." Shooting him a little smile, you kissed his cheek and then pulled away - finding his worry to be funny. "Why don't you go and sit down whilst I prepare the rest of dinner? Or are you waiting to eat Hannibal's meal instead?"

"O-Oh, I'm d-definitely eating y-yours-!" Norman responded in a bubbly tone, his expression brightening up as enthusiasm washed over his face without delay.

"My, oh my, it seems as though I'm being somewhat replaced here." Hannibal playfully messed; finishing up preparing his meal before he curled his arms around your back from behind and rested his chin atop your shoulder.

"Well, maybe you just need to step your game up then~" You sassily taunted, spinning around and facing him as you placed both of your hands on his shoulders and stuck your tongue out mischievously.

"Perhaps I do~" The psychiatrist agreed seductively, his voice barely above a murmur while he flirted back and carried on hugging your waist.

"Hey, asshole. Instead of making the rest of us sick with your shitty flirting, why don't you just sit down at the table and leave (Y/n) the Hell alone?" Freddy cut in venomously, his dark-emerald eyes gleaming with hatred as he shoved Hannibal to the side without delay.