[Chapter 8: Delicious Desserts]

"Aaaand there~!" You happily hummed, finishing up the last of your icing via a piping bag. "That completes my half of the icing. How are you doing though...? Need help with decorating or anything like that...?"

"N-No thanks-!" Norman responded shyly, completing the rest of his icing with a cheerful smile spread across his face. "I'm d-done with m-mine now. W-Would you l-like to...l-like to s-see...?"

"Sure, I'd love to." Clapping your hands together, you glanced over at Norman's decorating and oooh-ed in delight; absolutely loving the design of them and how cute the cupcakes looked in general. And why was that?

Because he'd swirled the soothing-pink icing to resemble rose petals on each and every one of the cupcakes, giving them a very sweet and soft look. "Oh, Norman..." You lightly exclaimed.

"A-Are they okay...?" He asked with an anxious tone of voice, placing the piping bag down on the kitchen counter before turning to totally face you. "I...I w-wouldn't want to ruin t-tonight's dessert or a-anything-!"

"Why would you ever think that? Your decorating is way better than mine! See?" You praised warmly, pointing at yours and tucking a stray strand of your hair behind your ear.

"I-I think y-yours are b-beautiful-!" Norman timidly protested, his kind compliment causing your cheeks to change to a faded pinkish colour. You'd decided on creating yours a cream-coloured icing topping - piping it into a swirl before sprinkling them with rainbow sprinkles.

But Norman's...Norman's looked way cuter. "I don't know what to say, yours just look adorable!" You hugged his side and sent him another sweet smile - pleased by how his rose-petal cupcakes intertwined with your rainbow-sprinkled white ones.

"C-Can we t-taste them n-now-?" Norman grew even more excited and practically begged for you to agree to his request, the shy boy staring at said cupcakes with pride.

"Why don't we take them into the dining room first, and then we can?" You replied in amusement, placing them all onto a few plates before putting the tray - and other things used - straight into the sink.

"I-I'll help carry t-them-! I-It's the least I-I can d-do-!" Norman offered with an adoring attitude, taking two of the plates and walking out of the kitchen alongside you.

"Well that is very much appreciated, thank you." You gratefully spoke, entering the other room and getting immediately pulled into a tight hug by Michael.

"M-Michael-! Don't f-force (Y/n) into a h-hug so a-abruptly-! I...It's r-rude-!" Norman scolded the silent slasher coldly; growing agitated as he placed the cupcake plates down on the dining room table and tried his best to keep his temper under control.

"Jealousy isn't attractive either, y'know." Hannibal re-entered the dining room and instead reprimanded Norman, shaking his head at the two other males in the room. "As I've previously stated. So why don't the both of you cease this immature behaviour?"

"Can't everyone just lay off...?" You sighed in slight despair, breaking free of Michael's grasp and finally being able to place your couple of plates down on the table too. "All I want to do is eat the yummy cupcakes and then get ready for bed. Is that so much to ask for...?"