Hi

I hurried along the corridors of this base, I headed into the canteen sitting with the boys at the table as they chatted with some of the other boys from some other maze, I wasn't really listening in all honesty I went looking around the room at all the different people sat around having there lunch I saw a girl, across the way that... I couldn't stop looking at, It felt like. I had seen her before. she was listening with some others at her table before she turned away and looked at me. I put my head down pretending I wasn't looking a little embarrassed I got caught looking she giggled looking at her food too. I tried to ignore her focus on what the guys where going on about but I looked back and she waved, I turned around trying to see who she was waving at but there wasn't anyone so I turned back and she waved again, I smiled and waved back making her giggle. She smiled moving her hands around I was a little confused but part of me understood that she was saying hello. I smiled and waved again doing what she was back to her.

"Newt come on we have to go" Thomas told me so I nodded and headed out with the boys waving to her just before I left heading back to the room.

I sat down with fry as Minho and Thomas where off doing tests, I sat with my tray messing with the food, I looked up across the room seeing that girl sat with her empty tray with a book. I smiled looking at her and resting my head on my hand watching her read. she looked up  a moment and she waved at me so I smiled waving back to her, she moved her hands around in that hello so I did it back "wh-what are you doing?" Fry asks

"ohh uhh nothing" I blushed returning to my food 

"How are you talking to that girl?" he asks

"I don't know but I know that hand thing means like hello"

"How do you know its doesn't mean shuck you"

"I imagine if it did she wouldn't keep doing it at me. or when I do it she'd have punched me by now, I think it means hello"

"Ohh? But how?"

"I don't know"

"Why don't you just go over and talk to her?" 

"Uuuh I don't know, I guess..." 

"Go talk to her, maybe you'll get a date"

"You think I should?"

"Yeah do it man"

"Okay" I blushed finishing my food and getting up going over to her she smiled putting her book down "Hi" I smiled to her she smiled back a little but seemed confused "Uhh sorry but uhh I wanted to come and talk with you, whenever I see you I feel like I remember you." I told her but she didn't reply "Uhh are you okay? why uhh why aren't you saying anything?" I asked I then noticed one of the girls she often sits with came up behind me and this girl smiled doing that hello again and then waving at me before she got up and walked off "Hey wait-" I began but she was gone. 

I sighed sitting with my tray trying to figure out about yesterday with the girl from across the canteen. I really liked her and she wouldn't talk to me, 

"Uhhh newt" Minho said hitting my arm making me look up to see her sat there with her book she smiled and waved at me so I waved back a little confused she got a pit of paper from her book and a pencil writing something down and pushing the paper over to me 

'Hello Newt, I'm sorry if you got confused, or if I upset you.' 

"Its okay but why won't you speak to me?" I asked her and she just tapped her head close to her ear I was puzzled but then it clicked "oohh my god I'm so sorry."

she giggled at me writing something else 'I remember you too'

"You do?" I asked and she nods "wait then how do you know what I'm saying now?" I ask she smiled and put her finger on my lips "Ooohhh... that makes sense." 

 I saw one of her friends come up to us doing some sign language to her and she nodded, she smiled to me doing that hello again before blowing me a little kiss and waving at me, I smiled and waved back blowing her a little kiss too. 

I sat eating my lunch watching y/n read her book beside me, I smiled and tapped her hand making her look up and wave at me so I smiled waving back 

"Uhh y/n, What does that Hello we do mean?" I asked doing my best to do it with my hands too encase she didn't get it though reading 

"What hello?" she asked with her hands 

"You know?" I smiled doing the hello we first did you each other 

"That doesn't mean hello newt" she giggled 

"what does it mean then?"

she did it very slowly and mouthed along with it and I blushed so hard "Awww y/n. I love you too"