How Was Your day?

I stood in the garden shed putting my tools from the day away stacking the hoes and shovels in an orderly way as other boys had just thrown them in, I stood up on my toes or as best as I could with my bad leg grabbing a strawberry from the box taking a bite. I headed out slowly limping with each step, I was the last one in that garden even zart had gone. I walked over to a bed of plants seeing the flowers all blooming the bees buzzing busily about them. I picked a sweet yellow flower giving it a sniff a moment.

"Newtie!" I heard behind me and before I could even move her arms clamped around my chest, her head on my back, she was squeezing me so tight it made me laugh, she's so sweet. "Hi"

"Hi y/n'' I smiled as I turned to see her stood on the grass in her brown shoes, her little blue shorts made from a pair of jeans she cut the legs off, a long sleeve light blue shirt the sleeves rolled to her elbows, dirt covering her arms, her hair a mess from running around the glade, her smile so wide it wrinkled her nose in an adorable way, our only girl and I adore her. I took the flower and tiered a stay bit of hair from her eyes behind her ear setting the flower there to make sure it stayed "hi love" I smiled giving her lips a little peck, a tiny short kiss which she smiled at hugging me tightly again her head nuzzled into my hoodie I laughed and hugged her tightly too.

"I missed you while I was at work"

"I missed you too love"

"How was your day?" she asks as we walked hand in hand down towards the kitchens

"It's been alright, just weeding you know" I shrug "how was work?"

"Same as always, not much changes in the laundry" she shrugs "How's your leg today?" she asks as we sat on a bench

"It's been alright" I shrug "Not as bad as the other week"

"That's good" she smiled giving my cheek a kiss "I shall go get our dinner" she giggled tapping my nose before she went off to get dinner I smiled widely resting my head on my hand as I watched her, she came back and handed me the the plate with some chicken and bacon, she sat across from me with her own and smiled holding my hand her foot gently playing footsie with my own I smirked and plaid with her too as we had our dinner. Once we were done we both grabbed some moonshine and headed to our usual little log by the fire sitting side by side with my arm around her and she smiled laying her head on my chest. "Ummmm I love you newtie"

"Awww I love you too y/n" I smiled kissing her head.