X and Y P1

I woke to the usual sound of the alarm in the distance, the instant jolt of energy the sound caused me. I laid there staring at the grey painted bricks above me, the two red poles either side of my bunk reaching up to the staircase above my head. I looked into the room and saw all the other X's climbing from their silver and grey beds making them and then standing in line. I sighed and climbed out too but I refused to make the bed. I followed being last in the line Into the bathrooms, I did my business and went for a shower standing in the frosted white box having the hot steamy water pour down on me. I felt so strange today, I wasn't sure as to why. Once I washed I climbed out getting dressed into my black tights, grey flat shoes, and silver dress. I sat on my bunk to brush my hair hearing the footsteps of people using the stairs above me slightly humming a tune that I barely remember.

"Y/n! You'll be late for breakfast" Liz told me as she ran off towards the hall but I didn't move. I wasn't hungry anyway. I didn't want to go to the hall. I finished with my hair and I walked up to the garden seeing the various paths laid out for people to walk among the flowers and trees the glass high above me. I went as I always did to the pond with a little wall of stone, I sat on the wall with my feet up on it too watching the fish swim in the sweet water.

"Hi Y/n" I heard a familiar voice smile I looked up and saw Newt stood in the gravel in his grey shirt and jeans his hand resting in the elbow of his other arm seeming nervous

"Hi Newt" I smiled briefly

"May I?" He asked, gesturing to the stone I nodded, pulling my knees into my chest and he sat down on the side with me "are you okay? I didn't see you at breakfast this morning?"

"I wasn't hungry" I said my fingertips gracing the water gently playing with the water and a fish that came to the top

"Don't get attached Y/n. They're dinner next month"

"I know. I just like it here" I answered "how is the program Newt?"

"The what?" He asks the joy on his face dropping, his face draining of colour, his expression panicked

"The program, I assume you where next?"

"I am" he nods his cheeks turning pink

"Who do you have in mind?"

He simply shrugged "haven't thought about it yet"

"You should. Else you won't get who you want" I smiled

"I'm not gonna worry about it too much not like it's up to me" he says