Penguin P1

I sighed as I woke up hearing my alarm blaring aggressively at me. I groaned and turned over slamming my hand on the buzzer to shut it up. I rubbed my eyes and groaned trying to bring myself to wake up. I sat up and groaned "I hate my life" I groaned

"I hate your life too dude, I had your life of have already killed myself" I heard davi say at my door frame

"Shut up davi" I told him as I climbed out of bed and headed into the bathroom. I had myself a very hot shower scrubbing up and down my body contemplating every excuse I could come up with in my mind to go back to bed but none of which made sense.

I finished up and brushed my teeth going into my bedroom and starting to get dressed for the day slipping on a pair of fluffy penguin socks, my full brown shoes, my black pants, and white button down grabbing my black tie and starting to tie it in my mirror almost mindlessly from doing it everyday for so long. "today.... Today will... ugh. Today will be-"

"Trying those self affirming statements your therapist recommended?" I heard from my doorway

"Shut up davi!" I yelled back at him glaring at him as he stood in my doorway until he walked away and I sighed "today... uhhh will not be shit. I hope."

I grabbed my bag and went to the kitchen grabbing my lunch from the fridge that I packed last night getting a fresh apple to shove in my bag from the bowl on the counter

"Have fun at work" davi said settling into the sofa in his robe

"Are you going to apply for a job today?"

"Nah."

"You got any interviews today?"

"Nope."

"Any coming up?"

"I had that mail room job at right arm"

"Okay so when is that exactly?"

"Tomorrow, not going through"

"Why not?"

"Because I don't wanna become a hollow shell of a human being by giving myself willingly to the corporations" he says "I am the next great artist of our time I can't be confined to a cubicle selling my soul to the man."

"Why not? Then you can buy your own groceries" I sighed noticing my bread loaf was half eaten and I had yet to have a single slice so I grabbed one quick for my morning toast and jam

"Why do you care about my interview?"

"Just wanna know when I might... be getting some of the rent you owe me"

"I'll get it to you man I got three more commission inquiry emails yesterday"

"Okay" I sighed I finished my toast and grabbed my jacket heading out locking the apartment behind me.

I went over to the lift pressing the button but no sound, no lights nothing.

Great the lifts not working again.

So I took the stairs down all nine floors! And noticed as soon as I got into the lobby that it's raining and I leant davi my umbrella three weeks ago and haven't seen it since so I sighed and turned my jacket collar up as I hurried thought the dark rainy streets my shoes soaked as I stepped thought puddles having to dance around the many other people will umbrellas a of which pushed skinny me into the utter without much of a second thought. I tried the whole way down the road to wave down a taxi but none stopped for me. I knew I was already off schedule as I headed down into the station and instantly noticed the line as only one turnstile is working grinding everything to a standstill once I got thought and onto the platform I started tapping my foot nervously watching the clock ticking over the damn train was late again. When it eventually arrived ten minutes off schedule I climbed in even if there was little space even for me I grabbed a handle and found myself squeezed between the wall and about seventeen other men all attempting to stand on the thirty centimeter square I had proclaimed as my own. Having to battle them like stags bumping atlers for my small square of space. Personal space wasn't even an optional with people breathing down my neck, some guys elbow on in my back, someone's else hand dangerously close to my butt! And a man so close I could read the small print on his newspaper. Once I got to my stop I happily jumped off and headed back up to the street having to hurry though the rain again before atlast ducking into the wckd lobby. I went over to the lift and pressed the button luckily it lit up and rang the little bell and only a few seconds later the doors opened so I wondered in letting them shut behind me as I clicked my floor fixed my jacket a little trying to resist the urge to turn around and go home already. The lift stopped and the door opened and instantly I smiled.