It appears I have waited too long

I couldn't help my passing. I knew I should really get some sleep but given the recent events I couldn't bring myself to rest. The maze doors had stayed open, most of the glade destroyed, Thomas stung himself and got thrown into the slammer with Teresa, gally took control completely, I knew things had happened that couldn't be undone.

I'm sure once Thomas is awake they'll form a plan of some sort. I hope.

I heard a knock on my little cabin door, I had always had my own little cabin until Teresa recently. I was the only girl of the glade for almost two years, it wasn't much but it was my own and it was more than most boys had.

I went to the door even if I was nervous pulling it open revealing a sight I didn't expect then again I didn't really have an expectation.

Newt, he'd been second in command the whole time I had been here having taken the position when they lost George a month before I arrived. He had always been kind and sweet to me taking care of me when he could. The blonde Brit stood in the dirt outside my door his little brown shoes on tight as always, a bandage around his bad ankle where he had hurt it during the attack, his tattered brown pants loose around him, his extra pockets and such gone, his orange vest poked out the top of his once white hoodie, his machete also gone somewhere I didn't know. His usual brown ties around his wrist and a rather concerned but withdrawn expression across his face, his arms crossed against his chest lazily his hair slightly in his eyes as he looked at me.

"Hi newt" I spoke up

"Hi y/n" he answered before I could say another word he took a step inside my cabin one arm wrapped tightly around my waist pulling me against him and his grey hoodie the other rested on my jaw and neck pulling my lips to his own, he pushed his lips against mine hard giving me little choice but to kiss him his overwhelming scent of grass, dirt and bacon. He didn't smell of gallys moonshine which made me relax a little.

I had to admit I was confused but, after all this time it couldn't be denied that I had certainly looked at the blonde Brit more than once. I softly melted into his kiss which made him relax a little not having to be quiet so hard with me even if he didn't relax his grip much, he took another step inside pushing me back with him his hand leaving my waist for just a moment to shut the door behind us.

I moaned into the kiss a little as I relaxed a little more, he didn't make a sound simply walking me between kisses until we hit the wall which made him pin me against with all his strength.

He pulled back resting his forehead on my own, his brows firm with concentration his breaths sharp as he gasped his throat seeming to move fast as his breaths

"It appears I have waited to long," he says

"For what?" I asked

"For you love" he smirked a sly smile grew across his lips as he moved to press a kiss to my nose, then my cheek, then the outer corner of my lip, then my chin, then my jaw, then my ear, then sliding down my neck all between his words "when I first saw you, I thought you were the most beautiful thing is ever seen. But I wanted to give you space, and time to get used to this place, one reason or another I always found an excuse for... this wasn't the right time or way to show you how I feel but. Grievers attacked last night. And we may all die tomorrow. I've wasted enough time." he smirked practically throwing me onto my bed