Worth P1

REQUESTED:juliettsky: Could you please do a Newt pov story taking time post tdc when Thomas was the one that ended up with a knife in his chest, Newt survived with the huge feeling of guilt, and the reader is keeping him alive by extracting the serum from her blood over and over again, ending up in very poor health condition because of it which she tries to hide. Taking place in the Safe heaven. 

I sat on the bank, watching the waves crash onto the beach, washing up driftwood, seashells, seaweed and god knows what else I couldn't help watching the horizon and the little waves far out to sea, I did my best not to be reminded of... everything. This place was a new start but as much as I wanted to be rid of those memories they still haunted me.

I jumped as my watch went off, so I pumped my body up and headed slowly back into camp just doing my best to focus on the path, holding my arm, I tried to not look at anyone, they all glared at me. People wouldn't speak with me, often completely ignored me. They all had a hatred for me for what happened and honestly, I hated myself too. soon enough I arrived at the little hut close to the woods, knocking on the little door

"ooooh. hello newt" Y/n smiled as she cleaned her hands off from something else "Come on in" she smiled I nodded and followed her inside sitting on the table as she shut the door behind us "How's your arm?" she asks 

"Fine" I snapped back

"Newt?" she says coming over and holding my hand pushing back my leave to reveal my arm and its various scars and horrible black veins that still remain from the vicious infection 

"it still hurts. burns and I'm struggling to keep it all covered"

"well, hopefully, a few more treatments, and you'll be all better"  she smiled
She took her little vile and took the needle I tried not to look as she slowly pushed it in
"Ah! Shuck!" I complained
"Sorry newt," she says doing her best to be gentle and sweet but every centimetre she pushed the vile it burnt, as the medicine was forced inside me, the moment it touched it burnt and stung as it fought the virus once we were out she pulled it away and wrapped my arm up for me "there, feeling a bit better now?"
"Not much," I told her
"Well give it Chance" she smiled "go on, I think minho's by the bonfire making some bacon?"
"I'm not hungry" I answered
"Newt. Come here" she says sitting beside me opening her arm
"I'm fine y/n"
"No come on come here," she says I sighed and leant on her shoulder so she wrapped her arms around me to give me a hug "hey, knowone blames you do what happened newt"
"Yes, they do. Everyone glares at me. They all hate me. He was the only one who could have fixed everything and I shucked it all up, it's my fault he's dead"
"Newt it's not your fault, you were in a state, you didn't know what you were doing, no one can blame you for what happened"
"I can't stop thinking about it. I don't think I ever will"
"You poor thing," she says "hey, Tommy wouldn't want you to mope and pout forever, he'd want you to be happy"
"I know, I just can't stop thinking about it," he says
"Alright, go on, maybe go have a lay in your hammock," she says giving my head a little kiss "any trouble you come find me alright"
"I Will, see you tomorrow," I told her pushing myself up and leaving, I went to my hammock far from everyone else's back in the thick of the trees, It was cold, damp and lonely but I didn't want to be with everyone else. I couldn't sleep, no matter how hard I had tried, I couldn't escape the horrible memories of that night, the scar on my arm from the nights in the glade where I searched yesterday for a path for dead, I knew my scars would never fade a constant reminder of what I had done or well what I had tried to do Given the medical assistance within the glade and given I did my best to keep it a secret as long as possible and from as many people as I could so it didn't exactly heal very well, once escaping the maze the infection took hold in the old scar crawling up my arm like a sick spider, it took hold of me bringing me anger and shortness, I would snap at everyone who even spoke to me even at my best friends, my anger grew the sicker I got, I lashed out trying to kill myself or my friend, we fought and screamed at each other I tried to kill him and... I guess I succeeded. we were fighting for the knife and ... it's a blur but next thing I knew I was stood sweaty, angry, with Y/n having shot me in the arm with something she holding me back so I couldn't fight anyone else,  Minho was crying, fry was angry,   and Thomas was dead. I'd killed him, somehow in our scuffle he ended up with the knife in his chest he was long dead by the time the cure had taken enough hold to bring me back, everyone hated me for what I did, for the fact I kept my illness a secret, y/n really hated I didn't tell her, she said she could have been helping if I only told her, she insisted from now on she would help to cure me so I had to go for treatment with her every day, but... it wasn't as strong as... Tommy's was. Brenda is now fine she never even gets symptoms but I was still getting them even if y/n's been treating me for a good two months now the black veins starting to slowly fade in some places but we had very long way to go, even if I hated it. I'd rather just die. I should have died, Tommy should have escaped the city, I knew everyone hated me, I know y/n was getting sicker and sicker, the more she's trying to hide how sick she was getting from having to get the cure from her blood every day. she hides it behind the smiles and little kisses but she was getting paler, weaker, she's always in bed straight after dinner, she struggles walking around the camp, it was killing her just to keep me alive.

I sat watching the sunrise across the horizon and after thinking all night... I knew what I had to do.