The Sea Witch P1

I laid on my usual rock leisurely and observed the fish float around the reef, the sweet anemones dance in the currents, and the sunlight breaking through the surface miles above me. I suppose I'd been avoiding things, but surely, everyone needs an escape. Every so often, to pass the time I would blow bubbles. I Pursued my lips and made large air bubbles that would ripple and jiggle up from my rock, disappearing from my view not long after. I could hear the Syren song even from here, but that only made me want to avoid it even more.

"Newt?" A voice called across the reef,

I perked up sitting up a little seeing a familiar figure across the way, Light blue tail and dark brown hair he swam over and sat himself on my rock

"Hi Tommy," I gave him a brief forced smile

"What are you doing, all the way out here?"

"Sittin'," I shrug

"You're Father will be looking for you,"

"When isn't he," I sighed moving to lie on my back

"Well he likes to know where you are"

"Why does your family never worry about where you are?"

"because they know I'm either in my room or at Teresa's"

"Yeah no one sends an army out for you if you don't come home in time"

"Well you best get home then" he says swimming off to make his way to Pearls, I know he's right I just didn't particularly like hearing it, so I sighed fixed my hair and swam home sneaking my way into the back of the castle. Immediately I noticed how busy everyone was everyone seemed to be rushing around, seeming panicked and concerned I imagine that's because of me it usually is but people are normally this concerned as this is such a common thing so normally people don't get so worried, and there's usual a guard waiting even at the back entrance to escort me to my father, so I headed to the throne room expecting to be yelled at halfway across the ocean.

But I stopped short "Father! What's happened?" I asked as I came to his side, he sat on the throne barely able to breathe or move his tail, his skin falling off his bones, and he barely had the strength to grip my hand back.

"There was a break-in," the advisor told me

"A break-in! What are you talking about?"

"She broke into the castle"

"Who?"

"The witch of the dark sea"

"Y/n... that evil witch! What did that hellish thing want?"

"The same as all her visits, for the dark sea to be given independence and for her to be officially recognised as its queen"

"That's ridiculous!"

"That's precisely what you're father said, however this time she was... less detoured"

"That's just the way she is, she's an evil thing, pure evil. What horrible witchcraft has she cursed upon my father?"

"She stole the Aurze Crystal"

"She what!"

"She stole the crystal, right from his crown."

"She's taken it?"

"Yes Sir"

"We have to retrieve it. without the crystal, He'll die"

"We have guards trying to figure out her location-"

"We know her location she's in the dark sea, she would have slinked back there the moment she took the crystal"