Cuddles

I sat leant against the log watching the fire burning bright most people still partying away, when I saw someone approach. I smiled as I saw her in her little black boots with high muddy socks, little Jean shorts and her long blue hoodie her hair up in a plait to keep it out of he Mr face even if loose hairs were sticking to her skin in some places she had her sleaves down far past her hands as she came over.

"Hi love, what's up?" I asked given she didn't look very happy she seemed kinda sad she meerly opened her arms so I chuckled set my moonshine down and offered my arms which she happily crawled into nuzzling her nose into my neck, her head into my shoulder, her hands into my hoodie pocket, her legs up close to her chest as she sat on my lap. I wrapped my arms slowly and gently not wanting to trap her too fast giving her some soothing rubs on the back and leg "hey it's okay, what's wrong love?" I whispered she took my hand pulling it closer to really squeeze around her until my hand rested on her lower stomach i could tell she was more bloated then usual and I could almost feel her cramps and stomach churns "oh dear. Always around bonfire isn't it" I sighed and she nods "awww it's okay, cuddle up as much as you need to."

"But what if-"

"I don't care if you bleed on me. You need cuddles." I told her "when did you last have painkillers?"

"Yesterday"

"Yesterday!"

"Clients being stingy with them" she pouts

"Well the box came up today hopefully he'll be able to give you some more before bed time." I told her stroking her hair "when did you last drink something?" But no answer came "I take it you've barely drank anything all day?" And she sheepishly nods "y/n. Your cramps are only going to get worse if you're dehydrated. And I know you've been crying from pain which will make you even more dehydrated. So come on hydrate" I told her offering her some moonshine but as usual she turned her nose up "hydrate. Or no cuddles." I warn and she begrudgingly had some sips even if her face turned sour, she always hated moonshine."there that'll help, would squeeze help or is that going to make your tummy worse?'

"Squeeze please" she smiled squeezing my chest so I happily squeezed her as tight as I could rocking us both from side to side a little

"I'm sorry you have to feel this way love. I wish I could help."

"You do help. You help a lot newt" she says "can I?"

"Of course" I laughed and she began poking me, pinching me, giving me small playful punches, just getting the pain and the anger out on me I didn't mind I know it helps her I can't imagine the horrific sensation of your insides ripping themselves out and cramping up to force things out. Honestly that's the kinda stuff I have nightmares about. And I know Clint's low on pain meds as he hadn't been giving me as many lately either. So I don't mind getting maybe a small bruise from her poking and pinching me if it takes her mind off her pain. I could tell after a while she was getting very tried as her eyes went heavy and her pokes has stopped, so I readjusted her a little so she could lay with her head on my chest I was gentle as I stroked her hair and moved my hand under her hoodie to stroke her stomach making sure to be soft and gentle with her and given her growing smile I think it helped and hearing her happy little joyful moans made me smile so much knowing she was cosy and comfy "that feel better love?" I asked and she nods "good. You wanna go to bed?" I asked and she nods sleepily "you want a cosy night?" I ask and she excitedly nods "okay" I smiled being as gentle as I could to get up and lift her up with me so I could carry her with her still nuzzled into my chest, I carried her across the glade making sure not to jolt her around till we reached her little hut near the walls corner I let her down and she went for a shower, given she's our only girl she had her own out here. And while she was gone I made her little mattress up with blankets and pillows making sure I climbed in to keep it warm for her, when she got back in her small shirt and panties she climbed into the bed with me and bundled herself close again I wrapped the covers around us both pulling her close tucking her in. I gave her back a rub and soothed her aching tummy, I made sure she had some water before bed and tucked her in tight "There, that feel better love?"

"Ummm humm" she nods

"You all cosy?"

"Very cosy"

"Good, now you sleep tight, you know where I am if you need me." I told her

"I do, goodnight newt"

"Goodnight y/n" I smiled giving her forehead a small kiss then I gave her nose a small kiss which turned her bright red across her cheeks I couldn't help but smile looking at her all bundled up and cosy she's so cute I couldn't help myself almost regardless of my fears I leant down and kissed her lips they were so soft, so sweet and smooth she happily kissed back and for a while the only movement between us was our lips till I pulled back nervously "I uhh sorry I uhh"

She giggled and gave my lips another kiss "goodnight newt" she smiled

"Goodnight love" I cooed making sure she was cosy before I got up and headed to her door

"Newt?"

"What is it love?" I asked turning back to her bed and she had opened her arms "really?"

"Cuddles"

"Okay," I smiled jumping back in bed with her to cuddle her close "So long as I don't get in trouble again"

"That's a risk I'm willing to take"

"Are you now?"

"Very much. For cuddles" she smiled nuzzling close