The strawberry Glade

I yawned, stretched and pushed myself out of the little cosy bed onto the wooden floor I rubbed my eyes went over to the wardrobe grabbed myself a little blue dress did up all my little buttons and tieing my ribbon around my waist. I checked myself in the mirror doing a little spin smiling sweetly. I hurried down my little stairs and out my front door seeing the large one-story house long abandoned by the big people. I had always been her, my mother found this house when I was small, well smaller. the large doll house in the centre of the perfect little town was our home, Even if it is just me now. I hurried down the little stairs I hurried across the little plastic streets past cotton trees and little metal people, and over the train tracks. I walked across the wooden table to the window unlocking it and giving it a push

"Ughhh! gets heavier every day" I complain pushing it with all of my weight until it was open enough for me to slip out onto the wooden windowsill still inside the conservatory or greenhouse as I liked to say.

I held out my arms to keep my balance as I walked down the window sill stretching my leg out and stepping onto the firm mud of the plant pot giving the little plant a tap and checking it was okay for water given how dry the mud was stepping around the rim of the pot and stepping over to the next slightly lower plant pot checking on that one too as I went, and so on and so on checking everything was alright and the food all growing as it should be until I reached what I wanted for breakfast this morning the sweet tall strawberry leaves ducking under them discovering the sweet treasure trove of fresh red strawberries ripe for the picking I picked two keeping them under my arms as I began to head back up the pots and back inside the window. I set my strawberries down by the tracks and hurried back onto the window sill spotting the cord giving it a hard pull having to back up as I did in order to have enough force to pull it, pulling open the little mechanism at the top of the greenhouse that opened the window so the plants could all get some nice moisture as it was clearly going to rain tonight.

Once it was open I dusted off my hands and hurried inside shutting the window behind me and picking up my strawberries and heading back into town.

I finished off with the last of my chores in the bakery, laundromat, and bank. I took my basket sitting it on my hip as I pushed open the door smiling as I saw the little town, the sun outside setting and thus all the little street lights lit up along the little pathways between all the little plastic trees. I hurried through past all the little lights until I reached my house shutting the door and sitting my basket in the kitchen and hurrying upstairs changed into my little nightie and sat in bed looking out the hollow window to see across the vast town seeing all the sweet little lights along the streets, the few lights in the house and shop windows.

I woke up to the sweet sunlight, having a stretch and hopped out of bed grabbing my little green dress and tieing up my hair into my usual ribbons and hurrying down the stairs as my little grandfather clock told me that I was already running late today. I went through the town and over the train tracks hurrying to the window. I pushed open the window and grabbed the cord for the window shutting it up as the greenhouse was already all steamy. I wandered down the window sill going from plant pot to plant pot as usual arriving at the strawberries and grabbing myself fresh strawberries.

I froze up.

as I heard a small squeak.

I glanced over to the side of the greenhouse, the large tables covered in leaves and ivy, and the brown stone floor and there on the stone beside the table leg sat a brown mouse.

It wiggled its nose.

staring at me.

It took its little mouse paws and rubbed its face before sniffling.

and it bolted across the greenhouse to the plant pot

I dropped my berries and ran as fast as I could up the plant pots to the windowsill with the mouse bolting up the pots after me I jumped inside and pulled the window tight the mouse immediately trying to bite at the glass.