What The Ever Loving Hell!

I sat with y/n at one time the only girl I knew in the world, she was always sweet as sugar back in the glade and even though the horrors we had all insured she never completely lost that sweetness. She sat on the rocks as we watched the water, doing some repair work for some clothes as she always did. I kept my eyes on the water trying not to think of minho and what those bastards could be doing to him. 

"Fry? You seen tommy about?" Newt asked as he came over his hands in his pockets 

"He was with Brenda last I saw him" I shrugged

"These gone of with Brenda. For a drive" y/n giggled

"Alright, thanks" he waves before heading back to whatever he was doing, I smiled a little see y/n and newts faces flash red when they spoke to each other. Newt and y/n have been smitten on each other since the moment they saw each other, when she came up in the box one chilly rainy morning, and newt climbed in to get her. But as soon as she arrived alby became very harsh in his rule of no dating gladers, so the two of them never really did much about it, even if everyday I would sit listening to his much of a crush she had on him and every evening listening to him go on about his crush on her. Newt did say he was going to tell her the night before we left the maze but he chickened out. Since then they both just sort of lived with it even if they both clearly liked each other very much. 

"Talk to him" I told her 

"I do talk to him" she says 

"Y/n, properly talk to him. Why don't you tell him? There are no rules now, no wicked around."

"I can't"

"Why not?"

".... He doesn't like me"

"Y/n. Trust me newt likes you I've been telling you this for the last two years that he likes you. Go on give it a shot" I told her 

"Your right fry" she giggled putting her work away "I'm gonna do it! I'm gonna walk right up to that blonde boy and I'll… uhhh I have no idea what I'll do."

"Tell him, tell him everything you've told me" 

"Okay, see you later" she giggled giving me a hug before she ran off to find newt. 

I laughed watching the water, he'd probably have a heart attack knowing she likes him back, and she'll go all giggly, or he'll pick her up and cuddle her and give her a thousand little kisses, or get in one knee and propose on the spot, or maybe run off to his hammock to make up for lost time. I thought I'd leave them too it no matter what happens.

I finished up dinner and was about to go see Thomas to see what him a Brenda got up to today, but I should really check up on y/n and newt, now where would they be? Maybe in newts hammock cuddling and kissing or maybe y/n's tent talking about all the things they told me when they where apart. But as I looked around I saw newt. 

So I went over, "hello lover boy" I laughed

"What?" He asked sounding a lost as he turned to see me "what are you bloody on about fry?"

"Where Is she?" I laughed

"Where's who?" 

"Y/n"

"Oh." He said the colour draining from his face "how should I know?" He said avoiding my question and my eyes 

"Ooohh? Relax I won't tell anyone you who's secrets safe with me" I laughed

"No fry" he snapped 

"Newt… what happened?" I asked a little worried forcing him to look at me, he was pale, his cheeks had tear stains, he looked like he was fighting back tears as he stood there