Keys

I stood outside waiting for what left like sixteen thousand hours in the cold of camp, when I saw the tent open to Vince and a few of the new boys he'd been talking with. He saw me and instantly rolled his eyes "for the last time y/n, no"

"I need it" I argued

"We have to ration every drop of fuel in that thing you're not having it"

"I don't need it for long just an hour or two just to see"

"The last thing we need is more mouths to feed. The answer is no and I don't wanna hear it again" he says heading off into camp

I marched off to my usual spot kicking over an empty box in my frustrations "stupid Vince why is he the god of this camp, who put him in change anyway" I pouted sitting in the box I kicked over when I heard Vince's voice I got up and snuck around the back of the tent I saw him stood speaking to one of the new boys the blonde one I hadn't learn his name yet he was talking to him about something so I moved close trying to listen.

"Why me?"

"Because I trust you kid. And I know you haven't got a reason to go rushing out there" Vince explained "Thomas wants to go rushing off after that damn girlfriend of his, and I caught fry joyriding in her last week. Everyone has a reason to go rushing off out there, I know you want your buddy back but your not stupid enough to rush off on your own newt" he says handing newt the keys to the jeep, "Ohh and if y/n comes around n matter what she says do not hand the keys over"

I smirked and headed back the my tent already formulating my plan.

I spotted that newt boy sat by the water fiddling with things so I smiled and went over sitting beside him

"Hello"

"Uhh hi" he said a little confused given I just appeared beside him

"I've seen you around with Vince alot lately"

"Yeah well there's alot going on" he says "newt" he smiled offering his hand

"Y/n" I answered giving his hand a shake

"Ah. So your y/n"

"Heard about me"

"A little"

"All bad I suppose"

"I have to admit most of it was... not exactly positive" he says "I take it you want the Jeep keys"

"Well if it's getting to be too much of a burden for you-"

"No. Vince intrusted me with the keys and specifically told me not to give them to you"

"Ohh come on newt! I won't even be gone an hour"

"No. Vince said I'm not to give them to you, what do you want them for anyway?"

"I picked up a signal"

"A signal?"

"I think it's an installation, or a group of survivors. But vince won't let me go find out"

"Understandable, but he said I can't give you them so I'm not going to"

"Please newt"

"Not happening love"

"I'll take you with me"

"No"

"Please! Corn on newt"

"No. In not letting you have the keys end of discussion" he says getting up and going back to the main camp

"Hum. This little blonde boy's gonna be harder to crack then I thought" I sighed