Worth P2

I went as quietly as I could to the sand making sure to load the last of my things into the little boat without a light to speak off, I had even removed my shoes in an attempt not to make the sounds of my boots on sand. I wanted to be silent. To be secretive. I didn't want Minho and Fry to know they would only want to stop me. And y/n.... Ohh sweet little y/n. She'd stop me, she'd pull me back to her hut and try to cure me until she grew so sick she'd fade away. And I couldn't bear that. Enough blood has been spilt on my account. I threw my last few things in the boat and was about to climb in myself when I saw a light. I panicked and tried to hide but her voice spoke up.

"Newt. Newt, where are you?" She asks I didn't answer I didn't want her to know I was here she came onto the sand and as much as I tried to hide she found me "there you are, I've been worried sick" she says putting her light down and trying to fix my hair

"Y/n no!" I said pushing her away "go back to bed"

"What are you doing out here?"

"Y/n please just go back to bed"

"I'll go back to bed when you do"

"No. I'm staying"

"What's this?" She asks, noticing the boat she saw seeing my things inside it then looking at me "newt?... Where are you going?"

"I'm not-"

"Where are you going!" She snapped

"Home"

"Home? Newt, what are you talking about, this is your home?"

"No. It never was. And.... It never will be y/n. I'm a crank. A bloody infected crank and... everyone here knows that. They all know what I am. And what is going to happen to me? This place isn't my home and the more I lay there pretending the worse I feel"

"Newt. Knowone says your a crank''

"They think so then. They all know it when they look at me, they see my scars, they don't see me, they see a crank and enough of them have lost so much to cranks they want nothing to do with me. And I can't blame them for that. They all know what I am. And they know it's just a matter of time"

"No, newt we can fix you-"

"Can you? We've been here for two years and I'm no better than when I came here. You have the cure in your blood y/n but... it's not strong enough for the level of virus I have in me. And look at you, it's destroying you, you're sick, you barely sleep, all the colours have gone from your skin, you can't even walk across the gardens anymore. Every day taking more and more just to keep me alive and it's killing you. I've got enough blood on my hands I can't have yours too it's not fair. I want to survive. And for you to survive I have to die"

"What's all this then?"

"I'm going as far out as I can."

"Then what?"

"Then I'm jumping in. Hopefully... if I tie enough weight to my shoes I won't wash up here"

"Newt. You can't be serious" she says "your not thinking straight, please just come back to camp"

"No. I'm not coming back. I tried before and I failed. This time I'm not leaving it to chance falling off the ivy strains"

"Newt, please. Just come back. We'll get you some more medicine that'll make you feel better, and tomorrow Minho and Fry will take you out to the gardens" she encouraged holding me wrapping her arms around my chest and arms

"No!" I yelled pushing her away but I pushed her so hard she fell into the sand and she screamed in pain when she turned back to face me, her knees were bloody with sand already in them, her head bleeding where she had hit a rock "y/n! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to" I told her leaping to her side to help her