~ Part 67 ~

꧁༒☬𝓘𝓯 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓬𝓪𝓷'𝓽 𝓱𝓮𝓵𝓹 𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓻𝓪𝔀 𝓿𝓾𝓵𝓷𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓫𝓲𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂,
𝓳𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓵𝓮𝓽 𝓲𝓽 𝓫𝓮 𝓪 𝓫𝓮𝓪𝓾𝓽𝓲𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝔀𝓪𝔂 𝓪𝓫𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾.
𝓢𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓰𝓸𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓸 𝓱𝓾𝓻𝓽 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓪 𝓯𝓸𝓻𝓬𝓮,
𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓮𝓪𝓾𝓽𝓲𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓫𝓮 𝓶𝓪𝓰𝓲𝓬☬༒꧂

You waited for a while. You really did, but impatience and curiosity got the better of you. Dabi was taking forever on whatever mission he might've went on, and the continuous in-and-out of people at the hallway was picking at your curiosity.

You took a quick look at Dabi's drink, before grabbing it and getting off the tall chair. You pushed through the people and found the hallway. Now, you new going into dark hallways was really stupid because suspicious things always happened there, but the people entering and leaving the hallway didn't look like they had just dealt drugs. Very solid proof Y/N, very solid; obviously.

You stepped into the hallway, avoiding colliding with people who came the other way. The sound seemed to become muffled as it felt as if though you entered another place in the universe. You passed a sign that led to the bathrooms, spotting a large doorway at the end of the hallway, light flooding through it.

The music seemed to get louder again, more chatter filling your ears. You slowed your steps as you looked through the door, surprise stunning you. The pub was not as small as you had first thought. You looked into a large courtyard-like place, fairy lights hanging around everywhere, contrasting strongly with the dark night sky. At the back of the courtyard-like place was a band that played music joyfully as couples, and some people on their own, danced in an open space in the middle of the courtyard. There were small tables surrounding the 'dancefloor' as people stood around them, laughing and enjoying the night.

A small smile made its way up your face at the happiness of the other people and the ones dancing. You walked towards one of the small tables, an empty one, and set down Dabi's glass. You stared at the people around you, enjoying the small moment of peace.

"We live in a world filled with old books, drinks sipped over conversations with friends, music waiting to be heard, and endless questions longing to be answered", a sudden voice spoke up beside you, "there are so many marvellous things around us all the time, and it can be so pleasant to slow down for a moment and take them all in". You looked over to your side in surprise to find a woman standing next to you, looking at the dancing people.

She had bright blond curls that stood out in every direction and bright brown eyes. You could tell she had to be at least in her early 50's by the deep creases at the ends of her mouth and the laugh lines along the edges of her eyes. "Sorry, about that", she laughed, "would you mind if me and my husband would come stand here too? There isn't any other free table anymore and I do find our drinks are getting rather heavy". You looked around shortly, seeing that there really were no more free tables around.

You smiled at her, nodding. "Of course, I don't mind", you said politely. "Thank you", she stepped in front of you setting her glass down and her husband, whom you hadn't seen before, did the same, standing next to her.

"So, what is a pretty girl like you doing here, standing all alone?", she asked. You chuckled. "Ah, I'm not alone. I'm just waiting", you explained. She nodded. "Waiting for who exactly?".

"Oh, a uhm ...", your voice trailed off as you thought of Dabi. Well, friend definitely wasn't the term for it. Boy ... friend? That sounded so strange, even in your head. "My – uhm, my ...", it was as if though your brain had stopped functioning. "Her boyfriend", someone suddenly completed for you from behind. You'd recognize that voice anywhere.