~ Part 21 ~

꧁༒☬𝓨𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓼𝓸𝓾𝓵 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓶𝔂 𝓼𝓸𝓾𝓵                       
𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂, 𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓸𝓵𝓭 𝓯𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓼☬༒꧂

You and Dabi reached the top of the stairs, looking around for any signs of movement. Nothing. Dabi took the lead, stepping out and stealthily making his way to the front doors. You followed up behind him; anxiously looking around.

Busy with looking behind yourself; you suddenly heard a grunt from Dabi. You looked back at him, only to see him duck out from a fist that swung towards his face. Right next to the wall by the entrance, stood a large man covered in a black armor-like suit. Dabi took a step away from him, leaving you exposed. The man saw his chance and his long, muscular arm lunged out at you.

You were taken by surprise as he grabbed your shirt, pulling you towards him. Panicking, you activated your quirk and swung the bag towards him with all your strength. The bag hit him in the face, making him reflexively flinch away and letting go of you. You spun on your heel, grabbing Dabi's arm in the process and ran towards a hallway at the other side of the large hall.

"Where are we going?", Dabi asked, slight distress ringing in his voice. Out. Need to get out. Away from him. Please. You could barely hear Dabi over the screaming of your own thoughts. "There's a back door", you said, the panic and stress cutting your breath short.

The both of you ran through a hallway, the walls tiled with white and the occasional glass window looking into smaller rooms. These smaller rooms contained a single surgical table with thick, brown, leather straps, surrounded by large, scary-looking machines. Small trolleys with syringes and empty medical bottles on top, stood alongside some of the machines. In the back, were smaller, wooden doors, being the only way in and out of the rooms. 

You felt Dabi tense up as you passed by a certain room. Time seemed to fall to a stop as you yourself saw it with the side of your eyes. Nearly every inch of the room was covered in blood, machines and medical supplies lying scattered everywhere. The surgical table was toppled over as a line of blood, like something being dragged across the floor, reached from the table to the door in the back. The viewing-glass was covered in bloodstains and smudged handprints all over.

For a second everything seemed to flow over, as your memories took over. You nearly lost your vision; the room ringing a single memory that pained like a million knives into the abdomen. Your gut twisted up like a knot, your knees weak as the blood stopped dead in your veins.

No. Y/N. Don't let it get to you. Carry on. Carry on. Just carry on. No one else can die on your watch. Do it for them. It doesn't have to be for yourself. But do it for them. You weren't sure what kept you going all the time, but it was always something small. Like a little spark, whenever you felt like giving up, something in you begged, begged to be kept alive. Begged to live. Not live in the sense of breathing, eating and any basic human function, but to live in the sense of feeling alive. To live to wake up on mornings, to feel the sun on your back. To love the smell of your coffee. To love to see the smile on the faces of the ones you loved. To laugh with all your hearts content. Something in you begged for you to fall in love with being alive again.

Time and reality seemed to return to you again as you stumbled a few steps, catching your footing and running on. You focused on your hand wrapped around Dabi's wrist, the rooms passing by you in a white blur. You focused on the pulsing of his blood in his veins. He was alive. He was there. He was there in the moment with you. He was a person. He had something to live for. He had a purpose, whatever it may be, as simple as it may be, he had purpose and you had to make sure he fulfilled that. You had to make sure he got out of here alive.