~ Part 8 ~

꧁༒☬𝓘𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓶𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽,𝓱𝓮 𝓳𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝔀𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓫𝓮
𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓯𝓽, 𝓼𝔀𝓮𝓮𝓽, 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓭, 𝓫𝓾𝓻𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰
𝓮𝔁𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓷𝓬𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝓱𝓮𝓻☬༒꧂

You stopped, frozen. Dabi turned to look back at you in confusion. Your heartbeat skyrocketed into your throat. This was your chance. "Nami!", you called out, taking a step towards the group of 5 or 6 people, "Lijah-".

Your hope was instantly crushed as Dabi quickly caught wind of your plan. His hand covered your mouth within in seconds as he slammed you against the nearest wall, obscuring you from your friends. You saw your two friends looking around in confusion. Hanami and Elijah. You had met them only about a year or two ago at an internship you had done. You all had somehow connected from the very beginning and it felt like you had known each other forever. "I warned you", Dabi growled through clenched teeth. His blue eyes bore into yours with a frightening intensity. Your stomach clenched in fear at the look on his face. "Let me go!", you hissed, throwing your head back to get his hand off of your mouth. Desperation overrode your fear. It was crazy how people were so distracted by their own greed over money, that no one had seemed to take notice of how Dabi had not-so-discreetly shoved you into a darker corner where the light didn't reach as well. Or they at least pretended not to notice.

You had unintentionally pitched your hearing, listening to your friends' words. It happened a lot without you really noticing that you had tuned into other peoples conversations. "Is . . . it just me or . . . did that lowkey sound like Y/N?", Elijah muttered, leaning in close to Hanami. She nodded, looking around once more. "It . . . did", she mumbled, "that's really weird. I haven't heard from her in days, actually. Did she text you?". Elijah shook his head. "Nah, nothing. D'you think she's okay?", he asked, looking around again. Hanami shrugged. "I have no idea, honestly", she said, taking out her phone, "but it is really weird. She's not the type of person to ignore our texts. She hasn't been online in forever, either".

"Are you guys coming?", someone whom you didn't recognise from the group, called out to them. "Ah, yeah, sorry", Hanami answered, both of them taking a step towards the group of people who had started to make their way into the cinema. "I'm worried", Elijah mumbled, "I think we should go check up on her after this. Maybe she'll be at her home. If not, we could go to her work . . . maybe that co-worker of hers knows something". Hanami nodded. "Agreed", she said, "I'm not too sure if she'll know anything about Y/N's whereabouts if that's the case, but we should first . . .". Their voices travelled out of your hearing range as they entered the cinema, even with your heightened hearing.

No, no, no. No! NO! You tried to wriggle out of Dabi's grip. No! Please! Please, don't leave! Please! Tears had started crawling their way into your eyes. Dabi pressed you against the wall harder, his face inches from yours. Your whole body tingled with unease, as his body was pressed up against yours. It hardly bothered you though, panic sealing your airways. Don't leave . . .

"Y/N", Dabi grabbed your jaw harshly, "need I remind you that your family's lives also depend on you?". You could barely take notice of the many people bustling around you. To them it probably looked like you were just another couple making out. They didn't care either way. This was the rather shadier side of town. No one mixed with the other's business. You swallowed the lump in your throat. "I hate you", you seethed, your lower lip trembling (much to your displeasure). Dabi clenched his jaw, looking away from you. "You ruined my life", you choked, "and you don't even feel bad about it, you bastard". His eyes snapped to yours. It looked like he had been about to say something, yet the sound of police sirens interrupted the both of you.