~ Part 79 ~

꧁༒☬𝓢𝓱𝓮 𝓼𝓸𝓵𝓭 𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓼𝓸𝓾𝓵 𝓽𝓸 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓭𝓮𝓿𝓲𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝓭𝓲𝓼𝓰𝓾𝓲𝓼𝓮,
𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝓱𝓮 𝓰𝓸𝓽 𝓵𝓸𝓼𝓽 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓮𝓪𝓾𝓽𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓮𝔂𝓮𝓼.☬༒꧂

You inhaled air sharply. It spread across your body like a rough yank back into living. You coughed, your quirk finally starting to heal your body. Your eyes fluttered open, scanning around you, the blur becoming clearer and clearer.

There was dust all around you, your skin invisible underneath a thick layer that had settled on it. You could tell there was still a commotion going on some distance out in front of you. Coughing, you hoisted yourself up on your elbow. You had to get away. The battle was probably a long way from being done.

Where was Dabi? You grunted, dragging yourself behind the large bolder you had fallen against. You had to find Dabi – make sure he was still okay. You made your sore limbs cooperate as you lifted yourself up and lay your back against the boulder. You closed your eyes, breathing in deeply. You had to find Dabi. The heroes would find you sooner or later.

Suddenly something touched your wrist, making you jump. Your muscles were too frozen for you to flinch away, but your eyes snapped open, staring at whoever had grabbed your wrist.

"Jason?", you croaked. Your voice didn't sound like yours. It sounded brittle and panicked. He sucked in a sharp breath, his eyes running up and down your body "Jesus Christ, Y/N", he mumbled. "What are you doing here?!", you asked, staring at him in suspicion. "I heard what was happening to you over the phone with Tiffany, so I tracked it. The place was a mess of rubble and stone, and then I heard of the news report here and added one and one", he explained hastily. You let out a shaky breath.

"Jason...", you started your voice thick, as relief flooded you. "Shh", he mumbled softly, taking your arm and gently wrapping it around his shoulders to lift you up. "Dabi", you wheezed with a sudden jolt. Jason wrapped his other arm around your waist, steading you as he started to walk. He nodded softly. "Don't worry Y/N, I sent Tiffany to go get him", he spoke soothingly, "don't worry, everything will be fine now". Now only, you could feel the exhaustion begin to creep throughout your muscles, the adrenaline wearing off. You slumped against Jason, your muscles unwillingly giving in.

"I'm sorry I don't ... think ... I can ...", your voice trailed off, your mind too dark and far to form proper words anymore. You felt the darkness cloud you. "It's alright, I'm here now", Jason's voice mumbled in the distance, "I got you".

◇♧♧♧◇

A droning hum was the first thing that you were able to register. You felt panic course through your veins as fear settle once more. A gasp clawed its way up your throat as your eyes snapped open. Your hands clenched onto something tightly as you were blinded by a white light. It took your eyes a few moments too adjust.

You scanned the room, confused by what you were seeing as your heart thundered in your chest. There was a beeping monitor to your side, wires and tubes flowing from it and to your arm and chest. Your eyes snapped to your other side, only finding a bare wall that was coloured the same monotone beige colour as the rest of the room. Above you the lights on the roof looked like basic office lights, bare and beaming in the same fluorescent light.