~ Part 14~

꧁༒☬𝓜𝓪𝓶𝓶𝓪 𝓼𝓪𝓲𝓭 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓰𝓸𝓸𝓭 𝓫𝓸𝔂𝓼
 𝓬𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱 𝓷𝓲𝓬𝓮 𝓰𝓲𝓻𝓵𝓼,
 𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝓘 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓷𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓰𝓵𝓪𝓼𝓼 𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮𝓼 𝓸𝓻 𝓼𝓾𝓫𝓾𝓻𝓫𝓪𝓷 𝓱𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓼,
𝓘 𝓪𝓶 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓶𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓽𝓪𝓲𝓷𝓼 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓶𝓪𝓭𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓷𝓮.
𝓢𝓸 𝓰𝓲𝓿𝓮 𝓶𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓰𝓲𝓻𝓵 𝔀𝓱𝓸 𝓽𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓼 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓭𝓪𝓻𝓴 𝔀𝓱𝓲𝓼𝓴𝓮𝔂 & 𝓘'𝓵𝓵 𝓫𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓪𝓭 𝓫𝓸𝔂 𝔀𝓱𝓸 𝓯𝓪𝓵𝓵𝓼 𝓲𝓷 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝓺𝓾𝓲𝓬𝓴𝓵𝔂☬༒꧂

Your mother pressed you tightly to her as you stood in the doorway. "By the way...", she started as she pulled away, "why didn't you let me know that you were coming?". You swallowed. "Oh, uh, my phone kinda broke a while back", you explained, "and with finals and all, I haven't really had the time nor the financial stability to get it fixed".

Your mom nodded slowly, opening her mouth to say something. "And I wanted it to be a surprise!", you quickly said, hoping it would eliminate all oncoming questions she had about it. It seemed to do the job. "Okay then", she smiled at you before giving Dabi a hug as well, which he reacted less spasmodically to than before, "do come visit before you leave again though!".

"Will do", you waved at her as she went into the house and you and Dabi walked up to the sidewalk. Dabi let out a groan when you reached the street, running his hand through his hair. "I'm never doing that ever again", he grumbled before suddenly walking off.

"Hey! Where are you going?", you called after him. "I'm gonna go de-stress", he muttered back. "And what exactly does that mean?".

"If rubbing alcohol on outside wounds helps, 's bound to do the same for the inside ones", he yelled back. "That is horrible logic. Plus, where are you planning to get the alcohol from?".

Dabi stopped in his tracks and remained frozen for a few moments before he suddenly spun around and started heading straight for you. You stepped back, surprised at the intensity of his stride. "Uh, t-that was a genuine question. I-", Dabi's hand reached out and wrapped around your wrist, yanking you after him.

"Hey-!", you yelped, stumbling after him to catch your balance, "I thought you didn't want me to touch you-!". He ignored your fact and instead continued to drag you along. "You owe me a drink", he grumbled. "Excuse me? Boy-since when?", you protested.

"Since you dragged me through the actual gates of hell", he muttered, motioning back to your mother's house. You rolled your eyes, tugging your hand free of his grip but still keeping up with his step. "We could just go back to Jason's place. I'm sure he has a lot of alcohol too", you pointed out. Dabi shook his head. "No. I've had enough exhausting people around me for today".

You wondered if that included you ... since he had just dragged you along ... "Now", Dabi slowed his steps, "take me to the nearest pub". You sent him a dubious look. "We still have an actual mission to complete, y'know", you stated. Dabi's eyelids drooped as he glared at you before pointing his thumb to beside him.

You followed the direction of his thumb to see the sun already hanging low over the horizon. You sighed. He was right, you'd never finish before sunset. "Fine", you grumbled. It was obvious you weren't going to get anywhere. You walked ahead, going to the only pub you knew.

◇♧♧♧◇

Walking through the bustling street, your senses were overwhelmed with many different smells, sounds and sights. There were many small cafés with customers sitting at tables and enjoying a cup of coffee or eating some small snacks. There were also a lot of food stalls though, because of the current harvesting season.