~ Part 60 ~

꧁༒☬𝓗𝓮𝓻 𝓮𝔂𝓮𝓼 𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓵𝓮 𝓶𝔂 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽.
𝓗𝓮𝓻 𝓼𝓶𝓲𝓵𝓮 𝓰𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓶𝓮 𝓵𝓲𝓯𝓮.
𝓗𝓮𝓻 𝓹𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓮𝓷𝓬𝓮 𝓶𝓪𝓭𝓮 𝓶𝓮 𝓱𝓲𝓰𝓱.
                𝓗𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓸𝓾𝓬𝓱 𝓵𝓮𝓯𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓫𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱𝓵𝓮𝓼𝓼.☬༒꧂

You followed Dabi through what was left of a stone archway, entering what you imaged to be a foyer. You looked up, the whole building had lost its roof, so the sky was clearly visible from here. Dabi walked ahead, through another archway leading to another room.

So, maybe not the whole building had lost its roof. This room was dark, only weak rays of light shining through slim windows on the side. You looked up from the windows, seeing Dabi walk up a small staircase. You quickly followed after him.

The room that you walked into at the top of the staircase, was incredibly small, parts of its roof gone. Towards the wall to your right, a whole chunk of roof was gone and the wall looked oddly deformed. Dabi lifted his hand, grabbing onto something through the hole in the roof, and easily lifted himself through it. Shit, you weren't so sure if you had the upper body strength to do that. You swallowed, trying to copy Dabi's moves anyway.

You reached out your hand, trying to reach for the strange rock that struck out. You stretched onto your tiptoes, desperately trying to reach for the rock. The closest you got were your fingertips brushing against its edge. Dammit. Really?! This was so embarrassing. You looked around for a place to set your foot on, so that you could push yourself up to reach the rock.

There was a small dent at the bottom of the wall, where it curved out. Not really what you'd been looking for, but it'd have to do. You stepped onto it, grabbing a hold of what was left of the roof to balance yourself as you once more reached for the rock. The small lift didn't help much as you were only able to curl the tips of your fingers around the rock. You grunted in irritation.

"Y/N", you looked up to see Dabi peering down at you; his smug smirk slowly growing into a crooked grin. You pursed your lips, sending him a glare. "Any shorter and you'd probably fade out of existence", he mumbled, reaching his hand down; his grin never leaving his face. "Shut up, you jackass", you grumbled, taking his hand.

Once again it felt strange, but in a good way. It made your stomach come alive with butterflies again and your cheeks tingle as you tried to suppress a small smile. You were surprised by his strength when he easily lifted you up. A squeak left your mouth as you barely had time to process that you were on the next floor already.

Dabi's chest was right in front of you, making your face grow even more in heat. "Than ... ks", you were left speechless as you looked around. You were on top of the roof of the building, and the view was immaculate. It was an ocean of trees below you, in the distance, the lights of the city shone like fallen stars. Half of the sky was already dark blue, the other half still swimming in the colours of the sunset. "Wow", you mumbled, awestruck. You walked forward to the edge of the roof, looking over at the scene in front of you. You didn't even notice how Dabi kept his eyes plastered on your face, a small smile playing on his lips.

He walked up next to you, taking a seat. You looked down at him for a moment before mimicking him. You took off the bag, taking out the cake and handing it to him. This was what he came all this way for after all.

"So, we drove all this way just to eat cake?", you looked at him, unable to hide the smile on your lips. It felt good getting out again. "I don't see why not", he mumbled, taking the plastic fork that had been attached to the cake box out of its cover and shovelling a piece of cake on it.

As Dabi stuffed his face with cake, you took out some of the booze and looked at what exactly Dabi had given you. You read the label, letting out a laugh.

Dabi looked over at you, raising his eyebrow in question. You shook your head, giggling. "This reminds me of something", you snickered. You were filled with so much dopamine from the bike ride, the sunset, being outside, it was hard to contain. "Oh?", he questioned, his mouth full of food.

"My first year in university", you started explaining, thinking back to the memory, "my friends invited me out to a party, and we got wasted. Like super wasted. And towards the end of the night, we all left the club to leave and I don't remember how, but I think there was a police car standing nearby and my drunk ass thought it would be a good idea if I had a lift home with the cops". You stopped momentarily, laughing. "To my surprise they actually ended up taking me home, and apparently I had assured them several times throughout the ride, that I wasn't a terrorist and that I had requested that they don't send me back to Ireland", you laughed, "I've never been in Ireland".

Dabi pursed his lips, trying to suppress a laugh. "And here I thought Y/N was all goodie-two-shoes", he mumbled. You set the bottle down. "Oh c'mon, I'm sure you've done something stupid too when you were really drunk", you retorted. Dabi was visibly struggling not to grin as he sent you a knowing stare. You broke out into a huge grin. "I told you my story, it's your turn", you mumbled, twisting open the bottle cap to take a sip.

Dabi shortly bit his lip, before setting the cake down and leaning back on his arms. "It was a long time ago, I had went drinking and had made some of those only-one-night drunk friends. We all got utterly fucked. Not even a little bit. A fucking lot. Like 5 bottles of vodka fucked. We went driving and I somehow ended up at a takeaway place and was convinced I had made a great friend with the Chinese guy working there. I remember specifically telling him several times he had a strange face because he was angrily looking at me all the time", he grinned, lost in the memory, "I don't remember anything after that, was too wasted, but I had seen on my phone the next day how my Chinese friend had texted one of the guys I met at the bar. If I remember correctly the message went something like: "Whoever you are, your friend is so drunk. I finish my shift at 1 o'clock and I'm taking him home. I think you should tell him to go to some sort of meeting, he's an alcoholic without a doubt. He is also dressed as a wolf. He tried to pee in a Chow Mein and is chatting to himself. You need to talk to him urgently".

You were unable to bite back your laughter. Dabi glanced at you, snickering. You covered your mouth trying to contain your laughter. You looked back at him, the eye contact making both of you laugh harder. You were unable to describe the feelings you were feeling at the moment. It was euphoric. It was so strangely good to be laughing like this with Dabi, it made your heart want to burst. You met his eyes again, both of you snickering at each other like idiots on crack.

-----------------------------------

A/N: Hey there you amazing sunflower!!!

Ah, so I genuinely have no idea what I wrote here, but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless. Thank you for reading my book again!!!!!!!!! Love you guys to the moon and back, honestly, this means so much to me! <3

~ Mika