~ Part 82 ~

꧁༒☬𝓣𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮'𝓼 𝓪 𝓹𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝔀𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓷𝓸𝓫𝓸𝓭𝔂'𝓼 𝓫𝓮𝓮𝓷 𝔂𝓮𝓽.
𝓣𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝓶𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮.☬༒꧂

"Jesus Christ, what a drama queen", he hissed, shoving the needle into your arm, quickly injecting the fluid. You watched in horror as the fluid emptied out of the syringe and into your veins. "What did you do?", you growled at him.

He removed the needle, placing it on the metal table. He leaned in close to your face. "You could try and slap me in your anger, how about it?", he suggested, his hands brushing against your arms as he undid the straps. Your brows furrowed in confusion at his statement.

The leather straps flopped from your arms. You tried to move your arm, yet to your horror – there was no response. Your eyes snapped down to your arm, trying to move your fingers. Nothing responded, not your fingers, not your legs – not even your neck. You couldn't move. You were paralyzed.

You stared at his smug face as he folded his arms satisfactory. "How could you?", your voice broke, terror overwhelming you. You sucked in a ragged breath, your heart hurting. "How could you?!", you choked, air not coming in fast enough.

His brows furrowed in sympathy as he bent down to you once more. He gently pressed his hand to your forehead. "Shhh, Y/N, shhh", he mumbled, caressing your face, "don't worry. It's not permanent, it's just for now – until you see your own potential, hm-kay?". Your chest shook with sobs, as you squeezed your eyes shut, your skin crawling with the desperation to feel your body again. "How could you do this to me Jason?", your teeth clenched in a turmoil of anger and betrayal, "you were there! You saw what he did to me! You were there when he ended Cora's life! YOU SAW HER EXPLODE!".

"Cora!", you screamed, banging against the glass window, "CORA!". You saw your stepfather grumble, shrugging off his lab coat that was full of blood. "Fuck", he groused, "let the others out so they can get back into their cages". He waved towards one of the guards standing close by the door below. To say the least, it took him a few seconds to get going. After a minute or so, the guard arrived at your door on the upper floor. You hadn't even been able to process him taking a hold of your arm and yanking you out of the room. He dragged your down a flight of stairs, the pain of hitting the floor not registering in you head. You were alone now. All alone. You had nobody. Your only friend was dead. Cora was dead. You stumbled behind the guard as he dragged you behind him. Your eyes couldn't tear away from the bloody scene in front of you as you were pulled past what remained of what was once a living, breathing human being. You couldn't even find a single thing that you could identify Cora by. It was nothing but blood and guts. Your entire body went limp as your hand slipped out of the guard's grip. You fell to the floor, staring at the once white bed – tinted red now, covered in pieces of flesh and guts. "C'mon kid", the guard grabbed your arm, hoisting you up, "this ain't nothing you should look at any longer". He lifted you up and carried you back into your cage. He gently sat you down in the corner of your cage, walking over to the door. He hesitated a moment before closing the door. "I'm sorry kid", he mumbled, before walking off.

Little had you known that Jason had dared to sneak in that day, had himself witness the aftermath of what had happened. You couldn't recall how, but Jason had gotten you out that day. You had to give it to Jason – the fact that he had somehow managed to pry you out of that dark hole. You hadn't spoken for 3 months straight, Jason had to force you to eat and drink. In those dark two years Jason had been your literal life support. Those first two years were the worst, you were in – to say the least – a horrendous condition. After that though, Jason had awakened a small hope within you and then it wasn't just Jason working on you, but it was you who tried to help yourself as well. You tried to fix yourself. It was years of work, and eventually – now – it was somewhat livable with ... although the nightmares never stopped. You lived at his house for many years, before you decided to head off on your own – to leave this place behind. You had planned to start your new life here, go to college, get a career and travel the world afterwards and maybe find someone else who would find to love you in all your chaos. Your heart softened. Dabi. It was most definitely Stockholm syndrome of some sorts but – heh – you both were a mess and it that sense, there was no one else who understood you like he did. Your life definitely didn't go as planned – Dabi had waltzed in and thrown everything on its head, but now if you looked at it. Did you really mind? You had never seemed to fit in with the normal people anyways. Not that you wanted to be a villain or that you were fine with the idea of killing people – definitely not, but here ... everyone was a little crazy and scarred. Nobody seemed to question the ways you were. It was strange finding comfort in the discards of society, the havoc wreckers, but in all their destruction – they took you as you were. Nobody told you to change. Nobody told you how to act.