~ Part 51 ~

꧁༒☬𝓦𝓮'𝓻𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓱𝓪𝓾𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓭 𝓫𝔂 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼 𝔀𝓮 𝓻𝓮𝓯𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝓪𝓬𝓬𝓮𝓹𝓽☬༒꧂

Jason sighed. "I'm really sorry, Y/n. I truly am", he looked at you pleadingly, "I really only meant for it to help you. I wanted to do research on how to help you with your quirk, but then ...". He sent you a guilty stare. "Did he really do those things to you?", he whispered quietly.

You stared at him, a stilling silence settling deep within you. He had read the file? He had read the file? "You did ... what?", it was barely audible. You didn't see Jason anymore, all you could see; feel, were those moments a few years back. "Y/N?", it was Jason's voice, but it was so, so far away. The flashes happened so quick, that despite not being able to identify a single memory, somehow you saw them all at once.

"Y/N", you were torn from your thoughts, Dabi's hand firmly on your shoulder. Your head snapped up to him. "You good? You're shaking", he mumbled quietly, turning to glare at Jason. You blinked up at him, unable to form a proper answer. "I'm sure Y/N's tired", Dabi stated blatantly, "you should leave". Jason's fists clenched up, his neck stiffening in anger. He looked expectantly from Dabi to you. You swallowed, staring at the ground. "Maybe it's better if we do this another time", for some reason, much to your displeasure, you couldn't even get angry. A strong sense of fatigue overcame you so hard and quickly, all you wanted to do was go back into your room and crawl underneath the blanket and cry yourself asleep, "I am tired".

Jason's mouth twisted in anger and disgust. He let out something close to a hiss before turning and marching away. You remained unmoving, trying to contain all the emotions that were rushing through you. Never in your life had you felt so revolted by Jason. Never had you wanted him to leave your life and never, ever come back. You felt so disgusted by his actions, it made you feel nauseous. You sucked in a sharp breath, having forgotten how to breathe. Only now as you felt Dabi's chest press against your shoulder, had you realized that you were falling. You quickly managed to catch yourself. "Sorry", you mumbled, walking back into your room, "I'm going to go to bed".

You slouched over to your bed, unable to focus anymore. You heard Dabi say something and then a phone ringing. At this point you weren't sure if you had just hallucinated the sounds or if they'd been actually real. You climbed into the bed, your limbs feeling extremely heavy as you pulled the blanket over yourself. You had thought that you'd wanted to cry, scream, kick, but lying here now; all you wanted was to crawl into a dark hole and pretend you didn't exist. That you were gone. Gone from everything and everyone. You closed your eyes, curling up.

An image of Dabi flickered to your mind. You internally cringed in pain. How had this happened? How had you let him so close? How had he even gotten so close in the first place? You had built up walls and walls upon walls, surrounded by barbed wire, the floors around littered with glass shards and Dabi had just waltzed right through each one of your defences. He had come, stepping through the shards, taking down the barbed wire, climbed over the walls and had simply walked over to you and grabbed your hand.

Your chest clenched up tightly. He had grabbed your hand. Simple. And then he had pulled you up. His presence had stained your fingers like a pomegranate. His nature had swallowed you whole and spit you out, wine-dark and wanting. You unwillingly turned around and reached for him again. This euphoric yearning had curled its way through your veins and had taken over. You could feel it in your bones like an aching; like fire.

The tiredness had become so strong now, that everyone of your thoughts were dulled out, barely reachable. Ba-dump. Ba-dump. Your heart. Every inhale of air. Too late. It was too late. Dabi had taken you out, through the walls within. It was too late. No going back.

◇♧♧♧◇

Everything was warm and soft. The sound of birds chirping, water running, and the buzzing of bees filled your ears. You could feel a soft spring breeze against your skin as it carried along a sweet, floral scent. Fresh, light and caressing. You opened your eyes to a bright blue sky.

The tips of tall trees bordered the skyline. You were lying in a meadow. You could feel the grass underneath you now, smell the flowers clearer than before. You took a deep breath, feeling the peacefulness wash over you. A dragon fly buzzed past you as a light breeze swayed the white daisies once more. You wriggled your fingers, feeling the grass tickle it ever so slightly. A small smile rose to your lips. It felt so good and peaceful.

You slowly spread out your arms, grazing the petals of flowers. Suddenly your fingertips brushed against something solid, but soft. Your fingers padded along this foreign object, trying to figure out what it was. There was a sudden bump, something harder than the rest of the object. It was smooth, small, a half circle. You ran your hand over it, feeling a leathery texture after. Suddenly it moved, wrapping around your hand.

To your surprise, you finally realized what it was. A hand. It fumbled with your fingers, intertwining them between their own. You finally looked over, your breath hitching your throat.

His coal black hair gleamed against the sunlight; his blue eyes lit up like a thousand crystals in the depths of an ocean. He was propped up on his elbow, both of his hands now playing with yours. He ran his fingers along your palm, before ever so slightly lifting your hand to interlock it with his. You swallowed, mesmerized.

"Dabi", you whispered breathlessly. His eyes flicked to yours. He remained silent, only lifting your interlocked hands to press the back of your hand against his cheek. He closed his eyes, melting into your touch. "Dabi", you whispered once more. This time a sad smile rose to his lips as he lifted his head, setting down your hand. He removed his hand from yours, nervously playing with your fingers once more as his expression became more and more miserable.

"Y/N", he spoke up, his voice seemed far away though, almost like an echo as he looked at you, "... if I leave here tomorrow, will you still remember me?". Panic shot through you. He gently let go of your hand. You bolted upright. "Leave? Leave where? Why?", you exclaimed, yet it was as if though you had cotton in your ears. Your voice was muffled and distant. Dabi smiled sadly, closing his eyes and turning to lie down in the meadow. "Dabi!", you called out, your voice still far and faint.

Despite you remaining unmoving, the distance between you and Dabi seemed to grow, like you were being dragged far, far away from the meadow and into a dark place. The trees and grass around you appeared to wash away into inky blackness.

A large, rough hand wrapped around your throat, cutting off your oxygen supply. You clawed at the hand, choking for air. You could feel a thick ring around the ring finger of the hand. Like an electric jolt, you knew exactly who's hand this was. It was the golden marriage ring your mother and your stepfather had both worn. You trashed around panic-stricken, picking at the hand.

You managed to somehow turn around to at least face him, his hand still pressing down on your throat with tremendous pressure. Yet, what made you go limp and completely still, was not the fact that you had run out of oxygen nor the fact that you had given up, but it was the shock that had sent you into complete, rigid, fear. What you were seeing didn't make any sense. Instead of your stepfather, the one looking down at you as you slowly perished; was Jason.

--------------------------

A/N: Hello my peeps!!

I'm posting a day earlier today because I won't be able to post the story tomorrow. I hope you guys don't mind!!

Anyways, hope you enjoyed the chapters and thank you so, so much for taking the time to read my story! It means everything!!!!

~ Mika