~ Part 81 ~

꧁༒☬𝓣𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓮 𝔀𝓱𝓸 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓫𝓮𝔂𝓸𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭 𝓬𝓪𝓷𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓫𝓮 𝓼𝓮𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓭 𝓫𝔂 𝓲𝓽. 𝓓𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱 𝓬𝓪𝓷𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓴𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝔀𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓷𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓭𝓲𝓮𝓼.☬༒꧂

A throbbing pain pulsed throughout your head. It was hard to think over the intense aching. You pushed through the discomfort, forcing your head to work.

What happened? Why was your head hurting? Was it a bad fall? A fight? You tried to recall any trace of memories yet only reached into a blurry, painful mess of glimpses.

You forced your eyes to open, despite their retaliation. A bright light blinded your eyes at first, making you close them almost instantly again. You opened your eyes once more, squinting as you tried to assess your surroundings. It was hard to focus on your surroundings as your head pulsed harshly.

What times was it? Where were you? How did you get hurt?

You looked up at the source of the bright light. Lamps came into your view, confusing you as they seemed unfamiliar. You looked down again, panic rising within you as you released you had no idea where you were.

The room was a bare white, the only thing breaking it apart was you. There were some pipes running along the walls in front of you. A thick, white, iron door was lit up by light beams around it to your left.

Your muscles spasmed as you tried to get up, only to realize that you had been strapped to a bed. The air stopped in your airways, your heart paining with the fear that settled upon it.

"Y/N?", your head snapped up towards the direction of the sound, a small speaker in the corner of the room. You stared at the speaker in horror. "Over here", the voice sounded from the speaker once more, "to your right".

Your head turned slowly, your muscles stiff with fear as a familiar face came into view. He watched you intently through the observational window that looked into the room. "Heya", he mumbled gently, smiling.

You couldn't move. You couldn't process what you were seeing. A part of you had figured this – the other half – the large half, had wished, prayed, begged that it wasn't true. That you were making up scenarios. That the whole situation with the league had turned you crazy, had given you Stockholm syndrome and schizophrenia of some sorts. Yet ... yet, there was Jason, gazing down at you through the observational window.

"Ja...son?", it was barely audible; a desperate plea for it not to be true. He must've read your lips as his smile grew, the gentleness on his face not matching the terror you felt from him. He tilted his head to the side, sending you one of his signature tender looks – one that used to bring warmth, safety and comfort to you.

There was short beep before you heard his voice over the speaker. "Yeah, I'm here. Don't worry. Don't be scared. I'm here". The words lurched through your body with a cold intensity, making your stomach recoil and tears press to the rim of your eyes.

Your best friend. Your brother. Who was this person? This wasn't the Jason you knew. The Jason you knew had always been there for you. The Jason you knew would've blown up the moon for your sake – and also probably for the plain reason of why not. The Jason you knew, worked hard and was one of the kindest souls you had ever met. How could he do this? This wasn't the same person. He wouldn't do this, right? Right? This was all a big misunderstanding. Maybe you were overreacting again. Maybe you weren't seeing something right. Maybe this was a dream. Maybe you were really suffering from hallucinations. Maybe you had been drugged.