~ Part 52 ~

꧁༒☬𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓵𝓲𝓿𝓲𝓷𝓰; 𝓭𝓮𝓼𝓹𝓲𝓽𝓮 𝓲𝓽 𝓪𝓵𝓵☬༒꧂

You awoke, a cool breeze dancing across your skin. You kept your eyes closed, soaking in the feeling. Standing up seemed to require too much effort, even just opening your eyes seemed like it required too much energy. Something prodded at the back of your mind. Your brows knit together as you tried to reach for the blurry thought. Something had unsettled you last night; a nightmare. You couldn't seem to figure out what it was that you had dreamt, only that it had completely horrified you.

Unable to lie still any longer, you decided to open your eyes and sit up. The moment that you sat up, your heart clenched strongly, a stinging making you clutch your chest. The stinging left your heart, only for it to run down your spine. It reached your stomach, the pain making you nauseous. What in the name of god was going on? You took a deep breath, the pain dying down after a while.

You looked out of your window. The sky was a deep dark grey, the wind thrashing around the branches of trees, leaves being thrown up and into the air. Today seemed like it was going to get stormy. Getting up, you left your room, walking into the living room.

You found Dabi on the couch, lying on his side and still fast asleep. His brows were deeply drawn together, his lips lightly parted. You had to suppress a snicker. Did he always look this angry when asleep? Another breeze sweeping through the open windows made you realize how chilly it actually was. You looked at Dabi again, noticing he didn't have a blanket. You bit your lip, templating for a moment before walking back into your room and getting your blanket.

You walked over to him, gently laying the blanket over him and tucking it behind his back. A strand of his hair was caught up awkwardly on one of his lashes. You felt your heartbeat speed up as you reached out your hand, brushing the stray hair out of his eye. His hair was softer and smoother than you had expected it to be, it awoke a temptation to run your hand through his hair.

You stood up straight, quickly turning to walk to your mini kitchen before he noticed anything.

Dabi bit his lower lip, peering through one of his eyes. He tried to desperately keep the smirk off his face, his heart racing and fluctuating with overflowing glee. Stupid, stupid, stupid. He kept telling himself that, he knew it as a matter of fact. So stupid. He was so stupid. He felt like some high school boy. He knew he shouldn't have. He knew he should've left Y/N. If he had left earlier, he wouldn't be nearly this deep into this mess – he thought so at least. Yet, every time he tried to leave, it was as if Y/N had, without realizing, fought for him to stay. It was if though every time, she had done something that caused a stinging in his heart so strong that he wasn't sure he'd be able to bear the suffering of leaving. He sighed, the ends of his lips tugging up ever so slightly as he shifted, breathing in the scent of Y/N. He watched her as she made herself something to drink in the kitchen. He could've smacked himself in the head for the way his stomach tingled as he watched her. It was such a simple thing, yet she looked so absolutely perfect doing it. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

You grabbed the glass, turning around to walk to the couch. Dabi's eyes surprised you, making you flinch and spill some of the water. "You're awake", you blurted out, feeling the heat rise in your cheeks as your actions of moments before tugged at you. Dabi smirked, raising an eyebrow. "Me and other things", he mumbled. You choked on the air that you had inhaled too quickly. Dabi chuckled at your reaction. "Did it hurt?", you asked, glaring at him. "When I fell from heaven?", his smirk deepened. "No, when you dropped out of school, hit your head and became a fucking idiot", you grumbled. Dabi chuckled.