~ Part 25 ~

꧁༒☬𝓘 𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓴 𝓪𝓽 𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓽𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻,
𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓯𝓪𝓬𝓮𝓼 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭,
 𝓱𝓸𝔀 𝓭𝓲𝓭 𝓘 𝓯𝓲𝓷𝓭 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓼𝓸 𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓮𝓬𝓽 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓶𝓮☬༒꧂

You felt a light pressure along your whole body up until under your chin. The curiosity as to what it was awoke you from your deep sleep. You looked around, your eyes feeling heavy and dry.

You were still in the living room, curled up on the small armchair. Groaning quietly, you shifted, trying to make yourself more comfortable. You felt something slightly slide off your shoulder. You looked over at the origin from the minimal movement.

It took you a second to identify what had been covering you. You were startled fully awake by the realization. Dabi's coat? What.

You didn't move, unsure of what to do. Why? What am I supposed to do now? You looked around, the sun looked like it had just risen, bathing the room in a golden light. Dabi and Jason weren't anywhere to be found. They were probably still asleep.

Sighing, you leaned back into the armchair, pulling the coat up to your chin. You would've preferred going back to sleep since your eyes burned like fire, but there was no way that was happening. You stared out of the window at the rising sun, pondering on all sorts of things.

Why was Dabi's coat on you? Why was that old, awful man still alive? How were you even still alive? What were you going to do with this new-found information? You got more questions than answers.

You jumped in your seat when you heard footsteps behind you. Looking over your shoulder, your breath momentarily left your lungs.

Dabi stood there looking at you, still partially asleep and half of his face lit up by the sunlight. His eyes crystal clear blue. The sunlight framing his face exceptionally well, his jawline looking sharp, his messy hair casting small shadows over his face. Time seemed to almost slow down as the both of you stared at each other. It was a peaceful serenity. Time frozen. The sunlight warm and soft. And those gorgeous, enrapturing blue eyes of his.

You swallowed, averting your eyes. Had he always been this beautiful? "U-Uh, morning", you mumbled softly. Dabi sighed, taking a seat on the long couch and leaning back, turning to look at the sunrise. Your lips parted in awe. It almost looked like some renaissance painting as he stared at the sun. His eyes shifted to gaze at you, momentarily growing big before returning to their normal size. He looked away at the sunrise again, his lips pursed.

You shut your mouth, realizing you had been staring. Putting your head on the armrest, you turned to look at the sunrise as well. The both of you sat in blissful silence for at least half an hour, enjoying the peacefulness as you watched the sunrise. Moments like this, made you realize that sometimes you did enjoy Dabi's company. He knew that one didn't always have to speak when you were with some one else. Sitting in silence was really comforting too. Jason on the other hand didn't quite understand that. He would've probably assumed you were angry with him or something.

Closing your eyes you smiled softly to yourself, letting the warm feeling from the sun on your face sink in. You tried not to think of everything that was going on as you soaked in the feeling of peace.

"Morning guys", Jason's voice sounded way to loud from behind you. Neither you nor Dabi answered. You squeezed your eyes shut, hoping he'd get the message. "Are you guys just going to ignore me?", he mumbled. If you didn't groan out loud, Dabi did it for you.

You opened your eyes, glaring ahead of you. "Shut up", Dabi grumbled, heavy annoyance in his voice. You mentally thanked Dabi for your unsaid statement.

"Rude. Y/N, c'mon don't ignore me", he nagged, his footsteps nearing you. You internally rolled your eyes, clenching your teeth. You were really not a morning person, and people who were, irritated you so much to the extent that when they approached you, they were putting their own life at risk.

"Morning", you grumbled, trying not to sound hostile. Jason chuckled, patting your head. "Friendly as ever", he mumbled, heading to the kitchen. You quietly groaned in irritation as you sat up, subconsciously wrapping the coat around yourself. You glared at nothing in specific as you heard Dabi chuckle quietly.

Only as you stared at Dabi did you remember that you had his coat. You coughed uncomfortably, shrugging it from your shoulders. "Uhm, thanks", you mumbled, tossing him the coat. He caught it lightly, still looking at you with a strange look on his face. Almost as if he didn't remember giving it to you.

What if he didn't? You momentarily panicked. "You did give it to me, right?", you asked. Dabi chuckled, sending you a dangerous smirk. "If I said yes, would you give me something in return?". His eyebrows arched in anticipation. You frowned at him. "No".

Dabi groaned. "You're a terrible person Y/N, so, so selfish", he dramatically clutched his heart. "Shut up", you grumbled. A question nagged at your mind though. "Why?".

"Hmm?", Dabi stared at you in confusion as he slipped on his coat. "Why did you...uh, give me your coat?".

Dabi seemed to ponder on that himself before he shrugged. "Well, I wasn't the one who was drenched in shitwater", he mumbled.

You glared at him. "I didn't fall into the toilet".

He chuckled, clearly amused. You rolled your eyes at him, trying to hide the fact that you were flustered by his actions. Jason came back carrying two cups of coffee, setting them down for either of you and then going to get his own. "Thanks", you mumbled taking a sip.

Jason sat down staring at you and Dabi. "Have you guys ever considered going to the hairdresser?", he mumbled, chuckling at his own joke. You glared at him. "That was so funny I forgot to laugh", you mumbled. Jason shook his head. "Lighten up a little".

"So you're like a legitimate hacker?", Dabi changed the topic, looking at Jason. Jason clucked his tongue, smirking. "Only the best".

"You don't come across as a professional criminal", Dabi mumbled. Jason stared at him for a few seconds. "I'm sorry lemme just; make myself look like Hannibal Lector or something", he waved around his arms.

You chuckled at that. Jason looked at you, suddenly remembering something. "So,...what are you going to do now?", he chewed his cheek, "now that you know he's alive?".

You took a shaky breath. "I... don't know", you mumbled, feeling sick all of a sudden.

"Wait", Dabi spoke up again, "you're telling me, that guy we saw yesterday, is supposed to be dead?".

You looked at the floor. "Yeah", it was barley audible. "Who is he?".

You and Jason looked at each other. Chewing on your cheek, you sighed. Your eyes met Dabi's.

"So, uh, remember when I told you I used to have a stepdad?".