~ Part 56 ~

꧁༒☬𝓘𝓯 𝓘 𝓽𝓸𝓵𝓭 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓫𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓭𝓪𝓻𝓴𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓲𝓷𝓼𝓲𝓭𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝓶𝓮,
𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓴 𝓪𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓘'𝓶 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓼𝓾𝓷?☬༒꧂

You could feel your muscles give up, letting you slump forward as far as the chains would let you. "...Dabi", you mumbled quietly, the feeling of safety cradling your heart. His eyes found yours, desperate and scared. You saw his jaw tense up as he stared at you, other than that, an unreadable expression on his face.

Dabi looked into Y/N's eyes. The terrified expression looked unnatural on her face. It was strange not seeing her being braver than what was good for herself. He heard that one of the men had shouted something at him, but it didn't register in his head. The realization of what they could've done to Y/N to make her look so scared and helpless, made his pulse race. His breaths became heavy, almost as if though he would burst. Anger curled hot and unstoppable in his gut, like a blazing inferno that wanted to burn him from the inside out.

They touched her. They hurt her. They made her feel scared. They, were going to die. He slowly looked up at one of the men. His face didn't really register either, but it didn't matter. He didn't care, they were going to be sorry.

The look on Dabi's face made your stomach curl in fear. He didn't look like the Dabi you knew. He looked actually frightening and dangerous. You watched in horror - whether from Dabi or the situation you were in - as he lunged at the slimmer man. The larger man was about to tear Dabi away from the other man, but he was quickly taken care of as Dabi swung his arm back, letting blue flames engulf him. The man stumbled around, his horrid screams filling your ears as you watched him deteriorate. The sight made you want to hurl. In attempt to stop that from happening, you tightly squeezed your eyes shut, pressing your back against the pole.

You could hear the mans cries die down as he choked, obviously past the point of returning. "So, you dare take what's mine, huh?", it was Dabi voice now. It didn't sound much like him, it sounded cold and heartless. "You take her and decide to do whatever you want with her?", his voice had taken on a low growl now. You dared to open your eyes to slits, viewing the scene ahead of you. Dabi was tightly grabbing the mans face, making him look up at him. The man was shaking and looked more scared than you felt.

The side you were seeing of Dabi left you speechless. You had always known there was this side to him, he was a villain after all, but at the same time, you had never expected to see it. "S-Sorry, p-please", the man stuttered helplessly. Dabi's mouth frowned in disgust as he coldly looked down at the man. "Yeah, you're going to very sorry", he grumbled. You flinched when Dabi suddenly threw the man to the ground, putting his foot against his face. "Did you know that one of the worst ways to die, is to burn alive", he mumbled, dancing with his fingers as small blue flames hovered over each of them, "it's especially painful if you can feel every cell burn. Very slowly".

You swallowed back the bile that was rising up your throat. "Dabi", you squeaked quietly, tears threatening to spill over. Dabi's head snapped up to you, almost as if he were realizing that you were still there. You shook your head slowly, your lip quivering. "Please", you whispered hoarsely. Dabi stared at you for a few seconds, blinking as he finally seemed to become aware of his actions.

He raised an eyebrow at you, remaining unmoving. "I just want to go home", your words were barely audible, but they seemed to reach him as he came to a resolution. He let out a disgruntled sigh, before lifting his foot and roughly yanking up the man. He grabbed the man by his collar, bringing him close to his face. "Not everyone is this forgiving", he hissed, "run. If I see you, I'll tear you limb from limb". The man nodded, stumbling off once Dabi let him go.

Dabi's shoulder slumped forward ever so slightly before he turned around to face you. He tried to hide it, but you could see his face retort in pain vaguely. "Y/N", he mumbled. There it was again. That gentleness that made you want to wrap yourself in his arms and sleep forever. His eyes searched yours, looking unsure. "So, are you just going to stare at me forever or are you actually going to help me?", you joked tiredly. It was a struggle to keep your eyes open. Your words seemed to wash over Dabi in relief as he walked up to you.

He stared at Y/N as he got closer; his anger had died down almost immediately. She was tied to a thick pole by cuffs, hanging to the ground painfully, her eyes were barely open as she blankly stared ahead. Her hair was soaked, her body looked limp and tired.

"Y/N", he mumbled softly, unsure if it was alright to touch her. Her body looked unharmed, but then again, he didn't know what they had done. She slowly looked up, finding his eyes almost immediately. Her eyes were tired, wet with tears and frightened. He wanted nothing more than to hold her in his arms and tell her that she was safe now. Her lip quivered as she stared at him.

He swallowed, standing up a little straighter to investigate the cuffs. He made quick work of them, they were cheap cuffs - and this wasn't his first time opening hand cuffs. They clicked open. The moment the cuffs let go of Y/N, she slumped forward, throwing her arms around his neck.

"Dabi", she sobbed into his shoulder, hugging him tightly. He was taken by surprise at her sudden contact to him. He had thought, that after witnessing him as before, she would be absolutely disgusted with him and writhe away. He gently sat back, letting Y/N rest against him. "Dabi", she repeated, "you have such a stupid face, god". "What?", he chuckled, glancing at her head in the crane of his neck. He could feel her lips against his skin.

"Your face is so stupid, it's literally so beautiful", she whimpered, "Dabi don't - don't go, please. Please, don't go. Don't leave me". The way her voice broke with agony, the way she was begging him, tore his heart.

He swallowed, unsure of what to do; so he did the only thing he could think of. He slowly wrapped his arms around her, pressing her closer to him. It felt good, it felt like home.

"You're jokes are really stupid", she mumbled, still crying, "they're not funny. And god, so many times I want to punch you in the face ... but then I don't. I don't want to hurt you. I don't want you to go. Your jokes are so stupid they make me laugh even though they're not funny. I hate your jokes and I hate you for making them, but don't leave ... please, don't leave". Her voice trailed off quietly. He knew she was probably drugged and was mumbling trash, but the words that had left her mouth were giving him a hard time to breathe. He wanted to hold her tighter. He never wanted to let her go.

He pressed his lips tightly together as he dared to hug her a little tighter. She didn't seem to mind as he lay his own head onto her shoulder, breathing in her soft scent. "Y/N", he whispered, his breath hitching in his throat, "I'm not going anywhere".

-------------------------------------

A/N: * squints at screen * Hello dear peeps,

This is the thank you chapter for 1k reads which I talked about in part 49 I think? My one friend kept complaining about me not posting it (to that one friend, here ya go, I hope your happy asshat).

Anyways, hope you enjoy it! It's currently 2am and I'm pretty sure that's like my sleep paralysis demon standing there in the corner, so I hope that this makes sense lol. Thank you so much!!!

~ Mika