~ Part 39 ~

꧁༒☬𝓓𝓸 𝓘 𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓽𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝔀𝓪𝓻?
𝓒𝓪𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓯𝓮𝓮𝓵 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓪𝓽𝓽𝓵𝓮𝓼 𝓸𝓷 𝓶𝔂 𝓼𝓴𝓲𝓷 𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓽𝓬𝓱𝓮𝓭 𝓪𝓬𝓻𝓸𝓼𝓼 𝓶𝔂 𝓫𝓪𝓬𝓴?
𝓐𝓶 𝓘 𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓻𝓮𝓫𝓾𝓲𝓵𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓫𝓸𝓷𝓮, 𝓫𝔂 𝓯𝓻𝓪𝓰𝓲𝓵𝓮 𝓫𝓸𝓷𝓮?☬༒꧂

"Y/N?", the voice sounded distant and muffled. You were sitting in – nothingness essentially – you couldn't identify anything around you, everything was black, but you could feel the space. You looked around, maybe hoping to find something, maybe out of curiosity. It felt as if you were sitting on a floor, yet when you looked down, there was nothing. Fear seemed far away, if anything it felt so peaceful and serene, a part of you nearly wished you'd stay here forever.

"Y/N?", again. Something about that voice rang familiarity in you. You frowned. You could feel the familiarity in your bones. It sounded like home. You'd call it a smooth baritone – if that's what it were to sound like – were it not for the raspy undertone that was there. Calm with a hint of mumbling. Certainly, a dangerous see-through-like intelligence. Not academic smarts, but people smarts. Sexy. Mm, maybe not quite the right word. A teasing appeal – but sexy worked just as well.

"Y/N?". Recognition shot through you like an electric-like shock. The gnarled, purple scars running along his arms, his shoulders, his jaw. His lips – not necessarily plump, but not thin either. The lower lip being a little thicker than the upper lip, always slightly parted and also purple with the burned skin – unlike the upper lip. They often curved up ever so slightly to form the signature mischievous smirk that made butterflies rise in your stomach while simultaneously awakened an urge in you to go completely feral.

You traced further up his face to his eyes, and it was like you were seeing them for the first time all over again – but this time from a different view. It was like you were hit by a train. It was fascinating that so many different shades of blue were hidden away in his eyes. They were blue like tropical oceans, but also blue like evening skies. They had an unwavering, steely determination in them that pierced your soul and reminded you of stormy waves crashing against cliffs. Yet despite them containing a strength that left your heart pounding in an adrenaline rush, there were times when they grew softer, like they couldn't keep up the wall forever – and then, at those moments, you could see the sadness and hollowness that swam within them. The emptiness that they contained was nearly enough to drown you in and powerful enough to leave your own self feeling empty and tired.

You could feel yourself getting up, it wasn't a voluntary movement, it was like your limbs started moving on their own – and you ran. You ran as fast as your legs could carry you, faster than you'd ever run before. Your lungs burned, begging for you to stop, but you couldn't – the pain didn't matter. Nothing did. You weren't sure what you were running from – or too, but all you knew was that you had to run. An urge so strong within you was burning for you to run, and never stop until you reached it. What was it? No idea. It wasn't fear that drove you – actually you couldn't tell – the only thing it felt similar to was as if you were bursting with energy, a fire having been lit underneath you and your only purpose was to run.

As your ears were filled with the ragged sound of your own breaths, tears started forming in your eyes. They ran down your cheeks, rolling faster with the wind from running. Why were you crying? Your breaths became more ragged, thicker with tears. You furiously tried to blink the tears away, but it was to no avail. A cough-like yelp escaped your throat, the heavy feeling pressing down on you. You were still running – but you had slowed down. You tried to keep on running, but it seemed like all the energy from before had left your legs and they buckled underneath you. You crumbled to the ground. Air not being able to enter your lungs quick enough through the tears and running. You grabbed your chest, coughing up tears, taking in horrendous ragged breaths. Something inside of you felt like it was being ripped apart. The overwhelming feeling to cry came down so hard, it left you choking for air. It was like you couldn't get it out fast enough – you couldn't get the tears to leave you quick enough. It felt like you were busy suffocating underneath some invisible force. You started grabbing at your shirt, pulling furiously. Get it off. Get it off. I can't breathe. You looked down at yourself, suddenly seeing straps tied around you, closing and getting tighter and tighter. They pulled so tight together it felt like your ribs were being crushed. You tried to fight against the constricting straps, desperately trying to get them off. You screamed in frustration and fear. The pressure was becoming unbearable – you were going to explode.

◇♧♧♧◇

"Y/N? Y/N? Are you okay?". You sat up with a start, your breaths heavy and burning. You vision was blurry at first, but you quickly managed to identify Dabi next to you. You wanted to speak, but it was like your voice had left you. You were seated in your bed; your covers over you illuminated by the moon from outside. It shone brightly against the vast inky blackness. You felt hazy and disorientated, nausea making the world spin.

You took quick, sharp breaths, the panic still logged deep into you. You looked over at Dabi. He was seated next to you on the bed and was staring at you intently. Only now did you notice his arm was extended and was pressing against your collarbone. You looked down, only to see that his hand was holding the blanket up and over your chest. "Uhm, might wanna keep that closed", he mumbled, looking away. If you weren't mistaken there was the slightest brush of light pink on his cheek.

You opened your mouth to ask him what happened, yet instead of words, a choked cry made its way up your throat and tears that you hadn't even noticed had formed, spilled over. You grabbed the blanket yourself, holding your other hand over your mouth to stop yourself from crying. You were beyond confused, and your head was pounding. You shook with every cry that escaped – despite you desperately trying to stop them. Dabi stared at you – wide eyed and clueless.

"I'm sorry", you mumbled, your voice rough and pitched. The tears were dripping down your chin like a tap that wasn't properly closed, covering your blanket in dark, wet spots. "Uhm", Dabi mumbled, shifting uncomfortably, "why are you crying?". God, if only you knew. You wanted to answer him, but as you opened your mouth a sob escaped your throat. "Okay, okay. Never mind", he mumbled quickly.

The corners of your mouth twitched up in a small smile. You sniffed, desperately trying to stop yourself from crying. "Do you, uh, want some water?", he asked. You stared at him, surprised by his offer. His brows drew together in confusion, before they shot up as he seemed to realize something. "Is Vodka a better option?". You let out a laugh – while simultaneously crying. He stared at you in confusion. "Water will be fine, thanks", you mumbled.

He sent you a doubtful look. "Are you sure? You look like you need some vodka". You chuckled, shaking your head. "Maybe later". He nodded, before getting up and walking to get some water -presumably. You looked around once more, trying to remember what had happened. It was as if there was a huge gap in your memory. You took a deep breath in order to steady yourself. Why had Dabi held up your blanket? Perplexed, you looked down holding the blanket open. Your eyes grew large as you felt your soul leave your body.

Oh god. No. Kill me. Like a flood, everything came back to you. You had been in the bathroom before you collapsed – completely naked. Oh dear lord, what had happened while you were asleep?! How long were you asleep?! Had – Had Dabi seen you naked?!?!

Dabi stepped in, holding a glass of water. You sent him a horrified stare. "What happened?", you asked cautiously. He handed you the glass of water, pondering over the question. "Well, I was sitting on the couch minding my business – as I do – and then I heard a loud crash from the bathroom. So, I went to check it out and I knocked, and you didn't answer. At first, I thought y'know, it's Y/N, she's an idiot so she probably fell over her own feet and it's not like she's going to let you in anyways, so I wanted to leave but then there was some weird light shining through the bottom of the door and I was like, well, that's not something you see every day", he shrugged, "so I went in. You were lying there – or well I hoped it was you, didn't look like you, but I mean what's the chances of a random goddess lady showing up in the bathroom in which Y/N just disappeared. I figured if it wasn't you at least I'd have the chance to get laid by a hot goddess lady. Like imagine that bomb title".

You stared at him in disbelieve. There were so many questions you had. Like the fact that he just walked into your bathroom without your permission – sure you were unconscious but still, or the fact that he called you an idiot or that he wasn't bothered by the fact that you might've been replaced by a goddess lady, or the fact that he technically called you a goddess and hot or the fact that his first thought was to get laid.

You coughed, trying to clear your head. "Did you – did you uhm, y'know, see, uh, see things you weren't supposed to?", you stuttered, your face growing increasingly hot. His eyebrows shot up for a second, before they went down to be replaced by a mischievous glint and a smirk.