~ Part 85 ~

꧁༒☬𝓣𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓬𝓱𝓸𝓻𝓭𝓼 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓶𝓸𝓼𝓽 𝓻𝓮𝓬𝓴𝓵𝓮𝓼𝓼, 𝔀𝓱𝓲𝓬𝓱 𝓬𝓪𝓷𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓫𝓮 𝓽𝓸𝓾𝓬𝓱𝓮𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝓮𝓶𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷☬༒꧂

You let go of Jason, only for a split second he hovered in mid air before you pressed your hand against his chest, sending him flying off with a white blast. The light would've blinded you in your normal form, would've exploded your ears. Jason was flung through the wall.

You waited a moment for the debris to settle before you started walking towards him. You saw him cough, as he moved beneath some rubble. You stood in front of him, watching him choke for breaths. "I got that sinking feeling that time", you mumbled, "but it hit me faster than anything ever did in my life. Your words of my worthlessness slapped me across the face at 100 miles an hour. How can you talk to me like that, as if we'd never been more than strangers? You told me you'd keep me safe just two weeks ago and now you're out for my blood. How can you play with my feelings like I'm nobody of importance to you when I was the one person you pretended to sacrifice everything for? I never gave up on you. But you threw me away, in the blink of an eye, like I was yesterdays news and now I'm finding myself on the floor with shaking hands trying to pick up what's left of myself that you destroyed".

You walked closer, stepping onto the rubble that squeezed his body beneath it. He growled in pain, desperately trying to get the rubble off. "I – I just", he coughed, "I just wanted to mean something". You stared down at him with cold eyes. "How sad. Alexa play despacito", you hissed, "do you know what a selfish little shit you are?". He glared up at you, huffing for air as the pain on his body increased. "There are pieces that are burned, bruised and bent but I will take them and fix everything you ruined. I'll put my pieces back together as best as I can and give it to the one person who made me whole again. I don't need you anymore and I don't want you anymore".

You waved your hand, an orb starting to form above him, spinning with a cold intensity. You were going to tear him to shreds.

"Y/N!", Dabi called out to her. He looked at her figure that froze at the call of her name. She looked as beautiful as ever, but this wasn't her. She would never forgive herself for what she was about to do. She would never be able to live with herself if she killed Jason, no matter what he'd done to her. Y/N wasn't that type of person, and he knew that. Y/N may have a dark side – as everyone once they're pushed past their limits – but Y/N was one of the kindest and gentlest people he had ever known, with one of the most warming and bravest soul he'd ever come across.

"You know what we see in the moon?", he asked, trying to ignore the pain in his shoulder as he clutched it, "We see a rabbit. Its from this rough story. A fox, monkey and rabbit resolved to help a hungry old beggar on a full moon night. The monkey gathered tree nuts; the fox stole some milk. But the rabbit, who could only gather grass, offered his own body, throwing himself into the man's hearth. He didn't burn though. It turned out the beggar was a god in disguise, who rewarded the rabbit by etching the act on the moon for all to see".

She turned around slowly, facing him. He kept her gaze. "Y/N", he mumbled, "you're no Alklha". She continued to stare at him, an unreadable expression on her face. His lips twitched up in a smirk. "You're my little rabbit", he mumbled, "my pretty angel. This isn't who you are Y/N, and you know that". Y/N remained unmoving for such an extent of time, Dabi started to wonder if his little speech hadn't worked at all and she was about to beat his ass on top of that. Had his words not reached her? Then he saw it. Her features softened, the grey haze around her flickered.