~ Part 38 ~

꧁༒☬𝓢𝓱𝓮 𝓯𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓭 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓿𝓮𝓷 𝓲𝓷 𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓮𝔂𝓮𝓼.
𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓯𝓲𝓻𝓼𝓽 𝓽𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓲𝓷 𝓪 𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓵𝓸𝓷𝓰, 𝓵𝓸𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓲𝓶𝓮, 𝓼𝓱𝓮 𝓬𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝓯𝓮𝓮𝓵 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻𝓼 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷 𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓫𝓮𝓰𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓸 𝓼𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓮 𝓪𝓰𝓪𝓲𝓷☬༒꧂

You had still discussed some things with Jason before he left – which was round about at 8 – such as the fact, that Jason had an extra phone available for you over at his place. The idea of being in touch with the world again, let you breathe a sigh of relief.

Locking the door behind you, you walked back to your room to check on Dabi. The room was dark, the moonlight illuminating your bed on which Dabi lay. His eyes were closed, the luminescent-like light making his skin shimmer silver. You walked up to him, making sure that he was asleep and not, well, dead.

You pressed your fingers to his neck, feeling for his pulse. As you did so, he softly groaned in his sleep, tilting his head to rest his cheek against your hand. Well, unless you were mistaken and corpses moved, he was still alive. He was probably knocked out from the dose of pain medication. You could feel you heart hammer in your chest as his cheek rested against you hand. It was cool, but not cold, his skin surprisingly soft.

You stared at his face as it rested on the back of your hand. He looked so peaceful and innocent, it nearly made you forget that he was a killer. After some time, you actually had to force yourself to pull away your hand before the urge to fully cradle his face would overcome you. You walked into the kitchen, unpacking the groceries in order to distract yourself. What an ... interesting turn of events today.

As you packed away the last of the groceries, you finally felt yourself calm down and the exhaustion set in. God, today was one adrenaline rush after the other. You switched off the lights, slouching over to the couch, barely being able to keep your eyes open.

Guess you were sleeping on the couch after all. You didn't care right now in any case, all you wanted to do was sleep. You plopped down on the couch, lazily pulling the blanket over yourself. The blanket smelled of Dabi. It was hard to pinpoint his smell, it was like cologne, smoke from a fire and just... something that smelled like – like Dabi. There was really no other way to put it.

You caught a glimpse of the moon outside and smiled to yourself like an idiot. You were really a train wreck – if you would've had the strength you would've laughed at yourself. There was really no one else out there who could get into situations like you did.

◇♧♧♧◇

Dabi opened his eyes sleepily, soft sunlight shining into them. He looked around in confusion. Where was he again? His brain felt all foggy and clouded, almost hangover-like, just not quite the same. A soft wind blew in through the window, bringing a familiar scent to his nose. Ah right, Y/N's room.

Damn, her bed was really comfortable. Where was she? He moved, a pain suddenly shooting through his side. Shit. He totally forgot about the stupid wound. He took a deep breath before hoisting himself up carefully, only having to sit through minor pain. He looked at the bandages around his chest.

Flashbacks of yesterday came to mind. Y/N's gentle hands brushing against him and wrapping the bandage around him. A tingling feeling arouse deep in his stomach as he thought about it. He shook it off, slowly getting out of bed.