~ Part 1 ~

꧁༒☬𝓗𝓮 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓪 𝓽𝓱𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓶
𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓹𝓮𝓸𝓹𝓵𝓮 𝔀𝓪𝓻𝓷𝓮𝓭 𝓶𝓮 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓹𝓵𝓪𝔂 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓱𝓲𝓶
𝓑𝓾𝓽 𝓘 𝓱𝓪𝓭 𝓪𝓵𝔀𝓪𝔂𝓼 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓻𝓪𝓲𝓷☬༒꧂

Tik-Tok 

Tik-Tok

 Tik-Tok

The clock's repetitive ticking seemed almost like a hypnotising lullaby, destined to melt your brain. Every small tick signalled a second of your life that you spent wasting on waiting for your co-worker to pitch up. Letting out a groan, you hit your head on the counter. The small convenience store seemed to hold you captive. 10 pm. You still had to study for finals tomorrow. It was going to be another long night.

Maybe if I hit my head on the counter enough times, I'll die. Upon hearing the door open, your head snapped up. You identified a familiar face, making you frown.

"You're an hour late, Tiffany", complaining to your co-worker, you glared at her. 

"Oh, was it that long? Sorry, I swear it felt like 5 minutes", she mumbled, walking around the counter. Getting up and grabbing your bag, you made way for Tiffany. The sickly sweet smell of perfume she had used in an effort to cover up the very prominent smell of alcohol and cigarette smoke filled your nose. Your nose crinkled as you tried to hold back a sneeze. 

You shared the same age and classes in college with Tiffany, coincidentally even, both of you having moved here around the same time. This made you realize just how different every person was. The both of you had taken completely different paths regarding life outside of studying. To be fair, studying itself too, since you lost sleep over it and well, Tiffany - just didn't. 

Swinging your bag over your shoulder, you sent Tiffany a tired smile. "Uhm, anyways, bye Tiffany, I'll see you tomorrow", you mumbled as you headed towards the exit. 

"Uh, wait, don't you need an Umbrella?".

"An Umbrella? What for?", without waiting for an answer, you peeked around the aisle blocking your view to outside. Only now did you see the major down-pour. Either you needed to get your hearing checked or this place was just incredibly well isolated. You bit your lip, pondering over the fact whether your phone had been right about the "listening to music at high volumes may be damaging to ones hearing" notification every time you turned the volume up to its max.

You hadn't brought an Umbrella and as if learning from your past mistakes was an impossible task - you had already caught a cold from the exact same scenario a few days ago. 

To be fair, if you died from a lung infection or something, at least, it would save you from having to face the wrath of horrendous end-results from your end-exams. You quietly agreed with yourself; seemed like a good deal.

"Guess I'll have to make a run for it. Anyway, see you tomorrow - remember, we start writing at 8", you told her. Meanwhile, making a mental note to yourself to set multiple alarms once you got home. She showed you a thumbs up and went to slouch down in the chair as you opened the door and stepped outside. 

The night was dark and cold, as the rain fell from the sky. The water washed away all the dirt on the sidewalk, cleansing and giving peace to souls, souls much like yours - except your soul was freezing its ass off. The sharp, wet wind whipped your hair around and into your face. You let out an exasperated grunt as you tried to pull the hair out of your mouth. Pulling the hood of your jacket over your head, you started walking. Barely a minute into the rain you could feel it soaking through your hoodie. Maybe dying like this wasn't worth it after all.