~ Part 47 ~

꧁༒☬𝓢𝓱𝓸𝔀 𝓶𝓮 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓭𝓸 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮,
𝓼𝓸 𝓘 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝔀𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝓫𝓮𝓰𝓲𝓷☬༒꧂

The whole place had a dark grey hue to it. The floors dark grey tiles, the walls a lighter shade of grey. In front of you stood a single, large white couch with a coffee table in front of it. A little distance further a glass table stood with chairs, facing an entire wall of glass. The glass wall looked out onto a large terrace with a pool and some chairs. Beyond that you could only see vast, inky blackness.

You shook your head in astonishment. How did he always get these places? Ahead of you, behind the couch, there were two doorways. One leading into what you could see was a bathroom and the other your assumed the bedroom. You lead Dabi over to the couch, glad your headache had died down by quite a bit after the short nap. He leaned tiredly against the backrest as you walked over to the table, taking the first aid kit.

Dabi slipped off his coat and shirt, knowing the drill. You chose to turn on a long, slim lamp that gave the room a soft, warm, honey-like colour. To say the least you, were a little unhappy about the fact that the moon wasn't out – you always had preferred it's natural light over the stale, yellow or fluorescent electric lights. Somehow, you didn't remember Dabi's body being so chiselled and once more, felt your cheeks lightly flush.

You took out the medicine from Dabi's coat, shortly skimming through the instructions. "So, what's so important about this Penicillin thing you kept going on about?", Dabi mumbled as you slowly unclipped the bandage. You were surprised by his sudden inquiry, but answered him nonetheless.

"Well you see, for infections normally Penicillin, Amoxicillin or Piperacillin and tazobactam are used. Penicillin is the most common though", you started, "Penicillin is a group of antibodies originally derived from common moulds known as penicillium moulds, which includes penicillin G, penicillin V, procaine penicillin and benzathine penicillin. Penicillin antibiotics were among the first medications to be effective against many bacterial infections caused by staphylococci, the bacteria that creates pus, and streptococci, which causes things such as strep throat and blood infections".

Bandages off you examined the extent of the damage and proceeded to clean the wound. "About 10% of people are allergic, but most are not", you continued, "serious allergies only occur in about 0.03%. Those who are allergic to penicillin are most often given cephalosporin C because of its functional groups. All penicillin's are beta-lactam antibodies which is considered some of the most successful achievements in modern science".

After removing the old stitches, you turned around, searching through the first aid kit for new stitches and suturing needles. Dabi tensed up. "I'm sorry, but it needs to be done", you sent him an apologetic smile, "I'll try my best". Dabi sighed. "Just keep talking", he mumbled. You nodded, disinfecting the needle and stitches, and getting down to business. "Beta-lactam antibodies are antibodies that contain a beta-lactam ring in their molecular structure", Dabi flinched as you inserted the needle, "this includes penicillin derivatives, cephalosporins and so on. Most beta-lactam antibodies work by inhibiting cell wall biosynthesis in the bacterial organism and are the most widely used group of compounds".

Dabi stared at Y/N. It wasn't the stitches being done on him that sent him almost frowning in pain, but it was the fact that he realized Y/N had loved what she had been studying in college. She had enjoyed all that she had learned, and he had taken it away from her. He had robbed her of something she had loved. He looked away, not wanting to meet her eyes; the unfamiliar feeling of guilt tugging at him.