~ Part 41 ~

꧁༒☬𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝓽𝓸𝓵𝓭 𝓱𝓲𝓶 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓻𝓪𝓲𝓷,
𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓱𝓮 𝓷𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓼𝓵𝓮𝓮𝓹𝓼 𝓭𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓶𝓼.
 𝓝𝓸𝓽 𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝓱𝓮'𝓼 𝓪𝓯𝓻𝓪𝓲𝓭,
𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝔂 𝓻𝓮𝓶𝓲𝓷𝓭 𝓱𝓲𝓶 𝓸𝓯 𝔂𝓸𝓾.☬༒꧂

His face was a lot closer than you anticipated, your noses nearly touching. You froze completely, forgetting to breathe. Your heart pounded so hard it actually started stinging; the butterflies in your stomach resembling something close to heartburn. His eyes bore into yours – almost innocent, an aching loneliness in them, yet still holding the most child-like tenderness. "Dabi?", you breathed. It was barely audible, but you knew he heard it when his eyes wavered. His hand was still resting against your face – both of you unmoving.

What was he doing? He didn't know. His head hurt and he was feeling dizzy, but he hadn't been able to resist the urge, when Y/N's hair had fallen in front of her face. She had looked so cute and beautiful then, even now, as she stared at him with her large, bright eyes. The sight of her like this made his heart hurt. It made him feel all giddy inside, made him want to sweep Y/N off her feet and hold her close to him, never letting her go. He didn't understand how some one could even care for him – most of all Y/N. Here she was fixing him up, getting angry with him because he didn't care enough for himself, she made him food, gave him a place to stay and what had he done? He'd taken everything she'd known away from her – her dreams, her friends, her job – everything. He took it and destroyed it. Yet here she was, treating him with kindness, treating him like he hadn't done anything wrong in his life. He swallowed hard. He knew it was wrong. He knew he didn't deserve it, but god, did he yearn for it. He yearned for Y/N's kindness, her caring – as much as he hated to admit it – he yearned for her. She was such a wonderful person, and he knew he didn't deserve it, he knew he was going to destroy her, but she made him happy. She made him feel home. She made him feel like he belonged, like he mattered – more than just an object – she made him feel like he mattered for who he was.

You stared into Dabi's eyes. There was so much emotion behind them; telling a story, begging for something, yet he remained silent. It almost broke your heart to see him like this. You could see he was hurting, that he was in pain - more than just physically. Why you cared at all you didn't know. There was a fire burning so deep within you to – to – no. No. No. He was probably just sick. You were wrong. You couldn't believe you had just thought that – even if it was only for a second. You smiled softly at him, taking a hold of his hand on your cheek.

Dabi's heart jumped as he saw her smile at him. God, that smile; that damned smile could bring him to his knees. It made his awful heart melt. He hadn't felt this stupid in forever. He knew he should've left when he first started to feel anything at all around her – it was too late now. She grabbed his hand, sending an electric-like shock through him. She pulled away, keeping eye contact with him. Had it not been for his long-practiced poker face, he would've frowned in hurt. His heart felt as if it had just been taken into a fist and crushed. Why was she pulling away? No. What had he been thinking?! Had he been wrong? No. No. Did Y/N ... did she not care?

"I think you need to rest", you mumbled softly, placing his hand on his lap. He stared at you with a blank expression. You took a deep breath, trying to get rid of the overwhelming emotions. It pained you to do what you were busy doing, but you knew it was the right thing to do – right? You returned back to his stitches, putting on a clean plaster and started bandaging it up. Dabi had completely frozen up, his face blank, dead silent. You clipped the bandage together and looked at him. "I'm done. Are you okay?", you asked. Dabi's eyes looked down at you. Even though his face had turned to stone, his eyes couldn't hide what his face did. They looked robbed of any happiness. Why? You didn't understand. What was wrong? "Yeah", his voice was flat and emotionless.