Remus Is A What?

When Sirius managed to get himself and Jayce to the entrance of the Hospital Wing, he immediately turned int his human form. 

Right before he bent down to carry her into the ward, he stopped himself. 

Hatred for Jayce Selwyn had been ingrained in Sirius since their early years at Hogwarts. The animosity stemmed from their differing backgrounds, beliefs, and perhaps, a rivalry for the sake of rivalry. 

In that moment, though his logical side urged him to act and ensure her well-being, the irrational hatred consumed him. In a perplexing mix of compassion and disdain, Sirius decided against carrying Jayce into the Hospital Wing himself. 

The thought of being seen helping her—of showing concern for a Slytherin, especially one he despised—was too much for his pride to bear. Instead, he left her just outside the entrance, carefully casting a heat spell over her to shield her from the cold. 

The conflicting emotions gnawed at Sirius as he walked away. Part of him regretted not taking her in, knowing it was the right thing to do. Yet, the other part reveled in the satisfaction that he hadn't compromised his image. 

This internal struggle haunted Sirius, adding another layer to the complex dynamics between him and Jayce Selwyn.

And she wasn't his responsibility. What's it to him when it came to her?

He couldn't care any less. 

Jayce slowly began to regain consciousness, her head throbbing with a dull ache. She blinked her eyes open, disoriented and confused, trying to piece together the fragments of her memory.

 The last thing she remembered was the creature in the dark corridor, and then, a blur of movement. As she sat up, she was surprised when the cold night air didn't send a shiver down her spine. 

Her surroundings slowly came into focus, and she found herself just outside the entrance to the Hospital Wing. 

"Why am I... here?" she mumbled to herself, running a hand through her disheveled hair. 

The events leading up to her current state remained hazy, and she struggled to make sense of it all. 

Trying to stand, Jayce felt a wave of dizziness, and she winced at the pain in her arm—the same arm that had been scratched during the encounter with the creature. Her eyes darted around, searching for any signs of what had transpired. 

It was then that she noticed the distinctive paw prints in the dust near her.

She managed to bend down to inspect the paw prints closer, her eyes squinting to get a better look. 

And then, she suddenly remembered that Peter Pettigrew was the one that put her to this. 

So, if anyone had answers, it would be him. 

But, judging by her physical state and where she was, she realized that any answers would just have to wait because she was in no condition to find the mousy boy, much less hex him for being a pain in the arse because there was no way she was leaving him alone without a fight. 

Luckily, it wasn't long before Madam Pomfrey was doing her nightly rounds and found the girl outside. 

Madam Pomfrey shrieked upon finding Jayce in the Hospital Wing. "Oh my, dearie, how did you get yourself up here by yourself?!"

"I... managed," Jayce forced a smile, hesitant to reveal the unusual circumstances of her arrival.

"Let me examine you, dear." Madam Pomfrey approached and inspected Jayce's injuries. "Well, the good news is that nothing is fatal. But, the bad news is that cleaning the wounds will sting a little bit." She pointed her wand at a gash on Jayce's arm. "This won't take long."