Marrying The Wrong Brother

If there was a class fifteen-year-old Jayce hated more than anything, it was Care Of Magical Creatures.

Growing up in a magical family, there wasn't a creature she didn't know.

But, what made things worse for her was that they had to be partnered up to provide a research paper on a creature that was assigned to them.

Jayce didn't get one partner, but got two due to the class being uneven.

Remus Lupin and Lily Evans.

Now, as much as she despised working with a lot of the students at Hogwarts, she made sure to separate her personal feelings from professionalism.

But, that just might change now.

Upon their first meeting, Lily was eager to set up the roles and responsibilities of each person. Remus was kind enough to oblige, but it just seemed a bit too much for Jayce. Like, it wasn't that deep.

With her new responsibilities as the newest and youngest captain of the Slytherin Quidditch team, she had other things to worry about.

But, after many letters that Lily had sent out, Jayce figured she could probably attend one meeting just to satisfy the former.

And so there she was, sitting by Remus Lupin and Lily Evans in the Great Hall at four o'clock on Tuesday evening, missing Quidditch practice.

"Wow, I really didn't think I'd see you show up." Lily cast aside her red hair (her only prominent feature according to Jayce) and flashed a forced smile at Jayce.

"Yeah, I was too busy weeding out the gardens to help. Sorry about that." Jayce nonchalantly responded.

Jayce never liked Lily. But, that didn't mean she hated the girl. Well- maybe there's a first for everything- it didn't take her long to dislike someone.

First impressions were important to Jayce and given that this was probably the only time the two have properly spoken, it wasn't going too smoothly.

Not to mention, Lily never liked Jayce either. She had heard about her obsession with blood purity and wanted nothing to do with her.

Slytherin and Pureblooded? Yikes.

"Alright, so I have worked on gathering the images of the creature we were assigned and managed to collect a wide variety of them." Remus cleared his throat and spoke, hoping to diffuse the tension. "You can see them here, I borrowed a camera from a friend and got these photographs."

"How in the world did you manage to snap pictures of the creature?" Lily gasped. "They're so hard to find and normally, you'd have to go into the Forbidden Forest."

"Well, that was the job I was appointed for," Remus said.

"Very well done." Lily was impressed. "As for me, I gathered quite a few books we could read to pull out some facts to add to our project. I haven't yet found the correct piece of parchment for us to use, but-"

Jayce placed a large sheet of parchment on the table.

"Oh, looks like Selwyn found something for us to-"

"We don't need those books," Jayce said, turning to Lily. "I already read them and wrote them down on the parchment."

"Oh." Lily had a frown on her face. "What do you expect me to do then? This is a group-"

"Stick the pictures onto the parchment, present our project, I don't know." Jayce shrugged, bored.

"Why did you do all of this when you could've used the time to show up to our meetings?" Lily crossed her arms.