Sirius's Jealousy

The start of the new school year wouldn't have been so hectic if it weren't for the fact that Jayce had to spend every minute of her leisure time inviting people to try out for the Slytherin Quidditch team.

It has been a week since school started and all she did was go to class and come right back to her dorm to prepare herself as captain for the new year. With all of the previous players besides herself and Regulus being Hogwarts alumni now, she had to try extra hard to find the correct players. Not to mention, there was a new type of broom that's been trending recently, so as captain, it would be the right move to buy six of them to distribute among her teammates.

Luckily, a lot of people were interested now that more spots opened up. For the past years, Slytherin's team had been so consistent with winning that the players stayed the same. But, with most of them being graduates, there was more space.

And so, here Jayce was, sitting on one of the more comfortable chairs in the Slytherin common room as everyone formed a crowd around her, excited to hear the news she had to reveal regarding Quidditch.

"Thank you for making it here today." Jayce finally looked up after gathering her thoughts. "As you know, we'll have Quidditch tryouts soon. Now, I urge everyone to try out for being a Chaser, Beater, or Keeper. You could try out for being a Seeker, but I doubt we need a new one." She said, winking at Regulus. "Now, I want to see the best sportsmanship out there, I didn't go out there and order better brooms and equipment for nothing. I want to win the cup this year as well, so do not disappoint me when I see you for tryouts next week."

"Next week?! That's too close!" A boy shrieked.

"Yeah, the other houses are having their tryouts a month from now." Regulus reminded Jayce.

It was fair to say that Regulus had taken Evan Rosier's spot as the ever so gentle vice-captain to protect the students from the captain's cruelty (longer hours of training).

"I know. But, I'm the captain and I am very much capable of deciding what's good for my team. If we get over the tryouts process fairly early, then we can spend more time practicing as a team." Jayce explained.

And Regulus knew he couldn't be much of a help.

"So, when and where?" A first year piped.

"Don't be ridiculous, first years can't try out." A seventh year Slytherin loudly exclaimed.

"Don't listen to him." Jayce looked at the first year with a small smile on her face. "I know we can't have first years try out, but you can try out regardless of which year you're in, I don't care. You just have to be good to get in."

She remembered how many people were against her trying out as a first-year. Evan Rosier was the only one that encouraged her goal.

The first year brightly grinned at Jayce before scowling at the other Slytherin, who rolled his eyes, knowing it was his word against the captain's.

"I'll be passing out the fliers," Regulus announced, walking around to hand each person a piece of paper containing information regarding the tryouts.

"Thanks, Reg." Jayce stood up. "I have the Quidditch pitch reserved for us exactly a week from now at 6 PM sharp. I don't think that'll interfere with anyone's schedule as I double-checked to make sure our entire house would be free to try out. I hope to see you all there! Please bring your own broom, but the other equipment will be provided."

"How long will tryouts be held?" One of the fifth years asked.

"We have two tryouts. On the same day. They will each be an hour apart. And after that, I will leave a sheet of parchment containing the names of those selected in our common room. Now, remember, just because you played on the team last year does not guarantee you a spot on the team this year. Use this week's time well and practice! I wanna see some good moves out on the field. Any questions?"